New licence

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Went to get me licence today from the post office,its all HIGH TEC now. I cant remember it being the same last year,i had to tell them all me details,then the woman confirmed them back to me,what a fuss,i got some right dirty looks from the que behind me,how dare i hold them all up from getting thier benefits?Gone are the good old days when i used to get a yorkshire and a trent licence from the local tackle shop!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Don't know what the problem is about.

All they need to know is first name, surname, address, DOB, gender and marketing ino required.

If you qualify for a concessionary you will need ID.

Takes less than a minute.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

The problem is with the staff that some post offices employ. They are not really sure of what thy are doing. The last couple of years my post office ha sha dnew staff each time, and they both wanted different details.

J

Jeff Woodhouse

I went to the post office yesterday for something quite different. I get the licence off the net.

Isn't it strange though how in the little sub-post office you get two counters, two staff, but one is always -

Opening a package taking out a wad of notes
Counting said notes and wrapping a lacky band around them.
Removing lacky band again and recounting them.
Putting lacky band back on and reinserting into package.
Making note of same before moving onto yet another package.
When all packages are done, the start on the first again and repeat the performance.

It always happens at ours. Money everywhere.

fred hall

Reaction score
Baz is correct - I'm lucky in that I can buy it at my local friendly post office 300 yards down the road.

C

Chris Bishop

I'm buying mine from a tackle shop to support them - I understand you can this year.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

Did mine today. I gave her last years, she typed in the ref No, told me it was 24 notes this year and asked did I want publicity sending. All done and dusted in 2 minutes.
Moral.... Take last years with you if you want a quick exist.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

Just as a point of interest how many carry their RL with them at all times, even when not fishing?

Mine?s permanently in my wallet and I never go out without my wallet.
Bugger all money in it though??.ever!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I always carry my licence Phil. The last thing I want is to get caught without one, and for an F.M. member to find out about it, oh the shame of it all.

Chris.
I think it was the E.A. themselves who recently made a statement that tackle shops will not be selling licences as rumoured.