E A Licence

Douglas Arnold

Reaction score
Far from trying to be provocative, or to avoid paying the full fee, I want to make a point on behalf of those anglers who live on a fixed income.
For me it is not a problem, I am registered disabled and get a concession. In fact I would like to see this concession done away with in favour of another system.
As a disabled person, angling is one of the few sports can enjoy, or compete in on a level playing field. As such I too want my swim to be clean and full of disease free fish, so I am not too bothered about the fee. What is a problem to those on fixed incomes is the lump sum. Can the EA not bring in a monthly payment system of ten equal payments to ease the burden to the unwaged. The TV licencing authority do it and it works very well. We the unwaged will then be just as equal as when we hold a rod in our hands and will not be left feeling cheap.

Douglas Arnold, Plymouth

Steve Brookes

Reaction score
i think the idea of paying a little extra to employ more bailifs is a good one, i myself think the introduction of the direct debit was excellent, now there should be no excuses.

Beecy

Reaction score
this could be taken a step further and be run on a subscription basis.

you pay a monthly sum by DD and you are then covered indefinately as long as you keep up the subscription.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Paying for your licence in one lump sum as we do now must gather some interest over twelve months.
If we were to pay it monthly, the extra revenue that is gained over twelve months would be lost. Which could be one of the reasons that we get a concessionary in the first place.
Just a thought.

Steve Brookes

Reaction score
thinking about that, if every angler paid by dd, and all the intrest added up there may be no need to "up the price" for extra bailifs.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

There are smarter people than us within the E.A. Steve (alledgedly) I would have thought that if there was a way, they would have found it by now.
I was speaking to somebody at the weekend who told me they charge ?50 per hour for consultancy fees.

T

Tony Rocca

It would maybe cost more than the ?2 per month fee to collect the ?2 per month.

jodie woodhall

Reaction score
hi ppl,
could anyone tell me if my fishing liscence is valid untill november, do i need to replace it on the 1st of april, or will it continue till november when it runs out, confused?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Jodie, EA licences run from April 1st to March 31st, this applies regardless of when you bought it. In other words if you wish to fish on or after 1st April 2006 you will need to buy a new licence.

matt

Reaction score
The fisheries dept would not charge a consultancy for its 'Customers' e.g angling clubs