having a bit of a get together at derby

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
whats started out as a little get together to help a few lads with tips and help with there general fishing skill's is turning into something bigger so i'm opening it to anynone who wants to join us for a days fishing weather you just want to meet fellow anglers or want to iron out a few winkles in your angling with help from more experianced anglers everyone will be welcome

i've been for a look see ,and i think birch house lakes at brailsford just up the A52 at the far side of the village next to the main road just down yeldersley lane as you head north see here for aerial view and here for the Map i would think it will depend on the weather really but sunday 9 apr looks good .will have to keep a eye on that in the Forecast .the day tickets at birch house is ?5 there's a match lake (lake 1) and a match lake for silvers,plus other lakes on the complex to choose from .i was thinking of having the Mc donaulds carpark at markeaton island (A52/A38 island) as the meating place for all who want to come along around 9am ish,then its a 5 min drive to brailsford village.if i'm coming alone i may have room in my car for one more + tackle.i'll nip over there this weekend and see whats on the notice board ie matches ect & see if theres a chance of a discount ? (yeh right!).just to formalise things a bit.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
a few rules for those attending

day ticket is ?5 (per rod)
rules:
barbless hooks
no loose fed floating baits
no cat or dog meat
no fish over 5lb to go in keepnets
no more than 50lb in any keepnet
all nets to be dipped
two nets maybe required one for silvers one for carp.
no boilies or tiger nuts
groundbait in feeders only