Commercial Fisheries Part 2

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

What a good thing to point out Mark, there is no such thing as a "typical" Commercial Fisherie. I think this is where the confusement came in your first article.

If only all comercials were like the ones in this article they would be even more popular.
I do think that improvements could be made by having uneven depths, but I don't think this is the purpose of todays comercial fisherie.
A very interesting read though, that can only benefit the new comer to angling.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well done Mark.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the articles and maybe a word from some fishery owners?

Steve.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
After discussion with Graham these are now weekly; currently the series looks like about 16/17 articles including three/four contributed by others, possibly one or two more. It's a lot of work though they are a lot easier to write than some of the stuff that I do. What that means is that WWA is on hold for a while until I get on top of this lot.

J

Jeff Woodhouse

Is that silly old goat Bumblebee doing anything for this series Mark?

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Judging by the first 2 articles this looks as though it's going to be a very well thought out and instructive series.
Well done Mark.

J

Jeff Woodhouse

Are you looking for a Nobel prize for literature Mark?

It's looking good so far. Well worth doing.

Yacko

Reaction score
These articles are looking very good Mark, they are in your usual style that make them easy to understand for anglers of all levels of experience. Plus you know the following articles will provide some real gems of info to make for a more successful season (with scarcely a mention of awesome or an edge)
Yacko

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement. Had my first session this spring yesterday on a commercial. Despite the cold wind that slowly increased from force 5 to 7, my rustiness at pole fishing, and the fact that I kept stopping to take pictures (breaking my feed pattern so that I had to get them going again) the fishing was truly excellent. 30 - 40lbs in three hours of koi, carp, F1s, bream, roach, rudd, and a little tinca (all in superb condition) that reminded me to experiment with feeding and presentation. Plenty fishing despite it being late in the afternoon, cold and windy, when I started, all catching on a variety of methods, though there was a lot of room for improvement! One dad had his three young sons fishing for the first time, all catching their first fish.

Still need lots more pics though, so I shall have to take a break from the writing again soon...

DB: comment from fishery owner, "Enjoy your afternoon's fishing!".