What a start to April...

• Thread starter Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett
  • Start date
R

Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett

Not only is April 1 the start of my renewed attack on the trout of Sussex, I'm also giving up smoking after 40 plus years. My doc has advised it, my lungs also seem to agree, so it's sh*t or bust.

Wish me luck.....?

R

Hmm...well, when I awoke it was chucking it down with rain and blowing half a hoolie. Turned over and went back to sleep.
Got up just now, still drizzling and windy, made a cuppa and reached for a smoke.

Failed on both counts...but I did only have a puff before I realised what I was doing and threw it away.

R

Robert Woods 1

Richard,
Think of it this way pack up smoking and you will have more money to buy flies.

R

That's quite true Robert..although I'm after buying a fly tying kit again.

I did give up the dreaded weed for eight months, but it made me so damm ill that I started again. Within an hour of buying that first packet I was as right as rain again. Trouble is, my job is very sedentary..I get in the cab at 0530hrs, and apart from nipping out for a pee now and again I don't do a lot apart from push a button once in a while until 1400hrs, so there's no much to keep me occupied apart from rolling a smoke.
I have air con/central heating to keep me comfy, 200 watts of eight speaker stereo to listen to, heated and air assisted seat for when it's cold and bumpy...what more do I do?