Donald and Damien

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Oh Kevin, read the first paragraph, disappeared into the bedroom, emerged with best suit on, black tie and shoes, read the rest of the story through misty eye's, the occasional dab of the eye's with a handkerchief, refusing to speak to anyone knocking on the office door, in emotional turmoil, nay, griefstricken. And a nice twist.

On top form, really enjoyed this one, writing, and use of the descriptive word were as usual excellent.

J

Jeff Woodhouse

You see, Kevin, you just can't kill him off can you?

You'll be talking to him next!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
That was cruel Mr Perkins, thats taking poetic licence too far, Donald Effingham- Mudd lives OK!

I think you will be writing these "Donald and Damien" stories in your dotage Kevin, there is no way you will be allowed to kill the old boy off, just not British don't you know.

K

Kevin Perkins * * * * * * *

Thanks for those kind words - I think!
Curiously when Herbert writes the Donald stories he hits around 75% on the readability scale, when I cobble together the AA articles I struggle to get up to around 55% on the same scale, it's like two different people are writing......

K

Les

I'm not sure either of us would disagree with that!

J

Jeff Woodhouse

I thought you'd pulled yourself together and were both alright now.

F

Fred Bonney

Well Kevin,you can keep on trying, but we are not letting you get away with it.

Any further attempts to kill the old boy off, in the hope that there is no response from your readers,will not be accepted.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"He slowly came to his senses, it had all been a dream, the old git dying, the 'magic' rod, everything. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry."

Me neither, and there was I just getting ready to send AA a sh!t!gram for killing-off the best character since Jack Hargreaves.

Now, I am off to my tackle room to put together my own Wallis Wizard and think back to kinder and more gentle (or is that gentel?) times.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I said much the same, by all means give the old boy a rest if he has to but killing him off is not on!

K

Herbert does suffer from writers block at times, and the inspiration takes a fair amount of dragging up for some of the episodes. However, I understand that there is a possibility in the future of Donald and Damien meeting up with Amanda, scope for some antics there, I would have thought......!!