Why do they go mad

dicko

Reaction score
We have all been there! One day you are pulling your hair out, the next bagging up.
When we dont catch we get paranoid, rigs, bait etc.
But look at when we do have those magic sessions and we THINK we have done everything right?
But did we?
I dont think so. On a short session (less than 24 hrs) you cannot build a swim up correctly, its all down to location. Longer sessions 24 hours onwards can be organised and when I say organised I mean baiting amounts and frequency. But you still need to be in the right location. You can put as much bait in as you like but if the fish are at the other end of the lake where the conditions are right for them forget it!
If you get the baiting right and conditions are right ie wind direction, strength, air pressure, water oxygen levels, temperature you will bag up and that's when you get those magical days.
In my opinion its all down to location. Find them and on short sessions pick a few out, longer sessions set your stall out look at weather forcasts bait up correcly, get them feeding confidently and get ready for haulin!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Location, Location, Location.

First rule in catching fish. You can't catch a fish that isn't there.