River Don

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

The latest news regarding the syndication of the Yorkshire Don between Rotherham and Barnby Dun has set anglers tongues wagging in this area.

It has been discovered that a 10 man salmon syndicate has bought up all the fishing rights in this stretch of river for a considerable sum.

This comes hard on the heels of news that large numbers of salmon have been seen jumping the Sprotborough weir pool. A 32 pound springer was taken there recently on a Hairy Mary fly.

The members of this extremely wealthy and elite salmon syndicate are being kept under wraps but some has said that a HRH is involved. A figure of ?33m is also being bandied about.

Watch this space for further news.

T

Tony Rocca

Im told Matt Brown is at the head of this syndicate Ron.
Is that True?

R

It has been heard that Matt Brown recently won the Lottery and has decided to go up market regarding the fishing on his beloved Don.

He will be the only angler allowed to fish for the barbel.

C

Chris Pearson

Ron,
I've just read the story in the Sheffield Telegraph,apparently the land owner had just got increasingly fed up with all the complaints from local residents about the shouting and bad language.

R

Now that Corus is to be dismantled, I have heard that this site is to be transformed into park land and natural woodland.

Not only that, but a number of up-market river side residences are to be built costing in excess of ?5m each.

A number of ghillies cottages and salmon anglers resting huts will also be built along the river. The general public is the be kept out by the erection of a huge security fence.

My phone and email haven't stopped this morning.

C

Chris Pearson

Ron,
I can understand the logic behind the fencing,the last thing you would want would be any of the locals hassling you when you have paid that sort of money,the banks would be lined with Big Issue salesmen.
According to the Telegraph article there will be a few season tickets available for local salmon anglers,if anyone needs the details you can e-mail me and I'll try to scan the article in.

R

Breaking News......

Huge salmon caught from Cromwell Weir!!

A salmon that is thought to break the existing 64lb record caught by Gillie's daughter - Georgina Ballantyne in 1922.

Preliminary reports indicate a weight of 73 lbs.

The Angler concerned, a Mr. Roberts, had only taken fly fishing a few years ago.

Watch this space for more on this sensational story.

Beecy

Reaction score
aparently Ron the claim will be declared void as the guy who caught it was fishing without a valid ticket

R

It's just been confirmed that the angler involved is a Miss Roberta Roberts, aged 89. She caught the fabled fish on a fly called the Blobby Nobby!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Oh dear! It's that day again.
Roll on midnight.

R

URGENT BREAKING NEWS!!

It has now been confirmed that all members of the very exclusive Don Valley Specimen Hunter's Group have been made honorary members of the Don Game Fishers Syndicate.

An that includes yours truly.

I, as well as the other members, are to be given carte blanche on this exclusive stretch of river as well as a free riverside cottage each!

Isn't that wonderful?

R

He He He!!

April 1st has gone. Back to serious stuff.