Hyperloops

K

Kevan Farmer

I did ask this in another thread but it got buried so apologies for asking again. Are the Shimano Hyperloop range any good? I'm thinking of getting a 2.75 test curve but I will not be using it a great deal otherwise I would look to shelling out more. They are the right price but are they the right rod?

Kevan

B

Birds Nest

i've had a look at them the quality looks good, I'm thinking of a pair or 2.25lb'ers, then again the Nashy Hooligans look V V Good value, but more expensive....

A

Alan Roe

I have a pair of the 2.5lbers and I'm happy with them

B

Bob Car

Hi Alan, If you remember I asked you the same question just before you went to France on a jolly. How did you get on with them and were they up to your expectations.

Hope to get out in the next couple of weeks now that the good lady has had the baby. And incase you are wondering it was a girl last Wednesday.

A

Alan Roe

France didn't really live up to expectations on this occasion the rods are fine though they have a nice mellow action and plenty of power

D

Dave Johnson

Congrats Bob, my little boy is now 8 weeks so I am 'nearly' back to normal on the fishing front.....I wish!!!!

D

David OLoughlin

Oh congrats to you as well Dave. I've just realised that mine could be any day now? "Don't panic, don't panic".
Just found out tonight that the missus isn't going to let me have the snip??? I'm 40 in December for goodness sake? :)

B

Bob Car

Dave if you want the snip then why not ask Wendy if she can do it for you cause after all she's a face-painter, she creates web sites, she fishes for tiddlers and now she has tried Carp fishing so I expect some where along the line she has worked in a butchers. If she cant do it for you why not open a new thread on what fellow anglers think and is there a doctor on the web that can help you. LOL LOL Bear one thing in mind Sinead is my first and I am older than you (only just though) and the boss goes back in 8wks not me.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Congrat's to all the new fathers on board,
I guess we'll soon be getting a lot of posts like mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ddddddddddddddddddddddddiiiiiiiii with the bits of rusk stuck between the keys. lol
only joking lads, by the way I know it's a little early for the kids but get some rusks, 'cause if I remember correctly they taste great but don't eat too many or you'll make yourself sick<ahem> or so I've heard?.. ;-}~

C

Chris Bishop

Andy Doughty's partner's just had a little boy as well.

Must have been something about late Jan that drove us all off the waters..!

W

Wendy Perry

OY BOB i'll snip you !!! No i have never been a butcher well not yet anyway...... i'm nearly knocking the big 40 as well 2 are growing up tho so spend as much time as you can you lot with all yr new little ones it goes way too fast !!!

B

Bob Car

I intend to spend an equal ammount of time with the boss and the baby, as I do fishing that way I will share what you women call magical moments. Anyway Wendy why wont you help a fellow fisherman out David has a problem and its only a little one just a flick of the wrist. LOL

K

Kevan Farmer

Wendy. I wholeheartedly agree with you. I'm only just over 12 months from that 40 mark - my wife is very close to it. Fishing wise, it's taken nearly 14 yrs for my son to take it up but now he loves it.

Thanks for the input about the rods everybody.

Oh, about 'snipping'. Go for it. I did about 12 years ago now..no probs.

Kevan