Into Photography?

njb51

Reaction score
Magicalia (the company behind FishingMagic.com), have recently launched a new website.

Thinkcamera.com is an online resource for people of all different abilities in photography to come and learn more, read many reviews and become part of a young, but growing online community.

Much like FishingMagic, this site hopes to become an established website where people can go, safe in the knowledge that the information they are getting is of top quality and helps them make decisions and learn new techniques and skills when it comes to photography.

So help support this new site and make it what it should be.

Thinkcamera.com

B

Bully

Good idea, but what about digi camcorders. Is this covered?? I couldn't see anything.

Dave Pickstone

Reaction score
Bully, we will be taking the site into digital camcorders and the like soon, just getting the site up and running covering photography first.

If people want us to cover camcorders then we'll do it, personally i'm up for it!

I'm the site manager, a Jonny for cameras if you will

Dave Pickstone

Reaction score
Camerabox?

Are they the things you make in year 8 that have the tiny pin-holes and some foil in them yet somehow make amazing photos. Well, not that good but kids are so easily pleased.

Hmm, i think they are actually called pin-hole cameras...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'll have you know Nigel's moved on from pin-hole cameras to Box Brownies, which I think is what he meant.

Dave Pickstone

Reaction score
I wasn't born in 1900 for one, although I wish I was, everything was black and white in those days.

Dave Pickstone

Reaction score
GCSE was a long time ago, i've been asleep since then.

(Sadly we got taught this stuff in a module in the last year of uni barely a year ago and i've forgotten that too)

T

Terry Comerford

The first colour photograph, 1861.
Composite image by James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879). Maxwell's photographer took three photographs of a tartan ribbon, each with a different coloured filter; these were used to make three positive lantern slides which were then projected together on a screen to make a colour photograph. This reproduction is by the Vivex process, a three-colour carbro process. It was made from Maxwell's original separation negatives which are preserved at the Cavendish Laboratory, Cambridge.