Gudgeon

Morespiders

Reaction score
Your as daft as a gudgeon Sir

Subs now overdue, if not paid very soon, you will be osteresized, or something like that:D

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
The Gudgeon is my favourite fish. They have an impudent manner about them that makes me laugh when I catch them...all too infrequently nowadays. Is there a Gudgeon shortage?

I think they need to be stocked in every pond, river, canal and lake throughout the land for every one to enjoy....much more fun than carp.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I am a member of GUGGS - Grand Union Gobio Gobio Society
The fish are usually weighed on electronic scales in a little box rather like a lidless coffin. Some of the members take it quite seriously ......

Used to fish a stretch of the GU near Hunton Bridge (5 or 6 years ago) that was alive with Gobios. Near a lock that had a feeder entering the canal. Why are they so rare in still water? Is it breeding conditions?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I know that swim very well BB. On the Lady Capels. It is also THE chub flyer peg.....The GUGGS club is situated in the Tring area, the pounds are crawling with them......needless to say there is also a good population of big perch....

barbelboi

Reaction score
I know that swim very well BB. On the Lady Capels. It is also THE chub flyer peg.....The GUGGS club is situated in the Tring area, the pounds are crawling with them......needless to say there is also a good population of big perch....

Ye, if I remember all the big chub used to sit under the brambles on the far side.