Want to Upgrade my Bite Alarms

Blunderer

Reaction score
I have had 3 Fox MMXs for a few years. They have never let me down but some of the knobs on them are now broken.

I think the time is right for an upgrade and I want a receiver box - I fished this weekend and the wind and rain meant I needed my alarms up high. When the wind dropped they were too loud.

Has anyone any recommendations? Do you know where I can get a good deal? A friend has Delkims which are great but is there anything which is as good but not as dear?

matt

Reaction score
I'm looking for some reasonably priced alarms that don't work on magnets. The old optonics were great for light line or slack line fishing. Are they still available?
Can't find any on e-bay

Alnath

Reaction score
a bit late this mate, sorry.

I got a purple set of MMXRs with swingers, the swingers went on ebay for 50 quid which lowered the cost somewhat. The MMXRs are great but the LED isnt an LED it is a flat cover/lens over a white LED, this is great for fox keeping their costs down but it means the purple set cannot be seen until dusk at least. However the reciver makes up for it seeing as you can can carry that and see what alarm is doing what, it replicates each alarm tone be it a run or a drop back with no lag at all, the reciever feels a bit crappy but it works superb and comes with a great selection of bits and bobs.

richard turner

Reaction score
i have just traded my old fox str,s for a trio of delks txi plus with reciever i got 150 quid trade in at casteraways used them half a dozen times people kept telling me how good they are and they were right excellent bit of kit so i would advice save up and try and get yourself a set,if you cant wait try and get some of ebay theres always some up for sale on there .

G

Geoff Cowen

Have a look at the new Fox EOS R (?99.99 each)whick works with the R/3 receiver(?129.99). I have the EOS X alarms and am very pleased with them.
Matt I had a pair of Optonic for since they first came out and very good they were. New ones are available you get a boxed set 3 alarms and a cable receiver for less than ?100.