Camo fishing gear

Joskin

Reaction score
I nearly posted this question on another thread but didn't want to hijack the thread so have started this new one.

I'm not talking about clothing here but things like Unhooking mats, Bite alarms Bivvies etc.

Ive got an 18ft Bass boat in Cream with a red Stripe and lettering down the sides. It has 3 swivel seats that are trimmed with real tree camo pattern cloth. WHY!
I must clear up the fact that they were there when I brought the boat but someone must have brought them for a reason but I cant think why. When you are sat on them the camo cant be seen and when your not they fold down so the camo cant be seen.

So come on, What have you got in camo, Confessions please.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
No camo here whatsoever (and that includes clothes)!

..........and yes, I am a carper! ;o)

I will confess to once owning a real-tree camo extended winter skin for my dillo, but felt embarrassed using it, so got rid of it!

T

The Monk

got loads of the stuff, and in all differnt cammos, urban cammo for inner city park lakes, midnight cammo cos I look really good in it, tropical cammo for the Cheshire stately homes, desert sand cammo for this sand pit I used to fish, love me cammo

Joskin

Reaction score
how about snow cammo Monk you got any of that? i guess it must be white with the odd yellow bit. Lol

T

The Monk

how about snow cammo Monk you got any of that? i guess it must be white with the odd yellow bit. Lol

Urban cammo has a white background Joskin

Tony I know this nice carp pool in a nudist camp, you will fit in well mate, but sack the winter fishing

P

Paul Clarke

i've got loads of camo gear.....just can't find the bloody stuff !!!

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
I have lots of camo clothing and all me luggage is camo but if you ever see camo bivvies they really do stand out,where as a green one tends to blend in much better on the bank.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Hi Joskin

Guess you ment my thread :)

I said I'd no cammo gear - then I realised I have a pair of TFG 4 seasons boots in cammo. There that me confessed.

J

John McLaren

I've no camo gear, although I've nothing specifically against it - just too tight to pay the premium! If good camo clothing is available at the right price when I need a replacement item I would probably buy it.

I do find the camo thing a bit amusing though - what's the point of a camoflaged bait bucket - and how do you find it?

On the other hand, as I think I have posted before, Matt Hayes has all the camo gear going - but wears a white hat!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Too true it was Monk - matt black rods, bank sticks, reels (obviously) and anything else that would tollerate a coat or two of the matt black.
Oh for the good old days.

b.t.w. can someone PLEASE tell me the purpose of a camo sleeping bag?

Last season I was at a club lake in Ringwood when these two chaps came along - enormous trolleys fully laden with everything covered in what looked like camo stick-on plastic, even their bait buckets (of which there were about 8!) were covered in the stuff.

They spent about 2 hours at the venue, blanked and carted the lot off home.

As I said, oh for the good old days ;-)

T

The Monk

Who is this Matt Black chappie then Mr Monk, is it someone we should know about, or is he a trader in ruffe slappers moving stealthily among the bivvies?

I`m saying nowt Graham.

b.t.w. can someone PLEASE tell me the purpose of a camo sleeping bag?

Yes its easier to hide so your mate doesnt nick it!

J

jason fisher

camo is dead cheep go to the army surplus, the only camo gear i have is surplus stuff aint buying none of this real tree stuff it's designed for american trees that's why it sticks out like a sore thumb over here.

S

Sean Meeghan

I'm on the lookout for a pair of camo underpants. Can't find any in the UK, but sure I'll find some in the US.

Joskin

Reaction score
Im with you Jason on the realtree stuff its no where near as good as the army stuff. I have quite a bit of the army stuff for shooting but never wear it fishing as I just dont see a need for it.

Sean the pants are out there mate ive seen um. Thongs too if they take your fancy.

S

Sean Meeghan

Can't see the point of camo thongs - don't hide my bum cheeks!