I am looking

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I am now nearing my retirement. because of this and when the time comes, I want to do as much fishing as possible. So I am thinking hard about future plans.

I would love to join a fishing club with the following attributes.

It should have rights to both river and still water coarse and trout fishing. I would love that the river fishing be on the Trent somewhere, preferably well away from Sutton and Hazleford.

The ethos of the club is very important to me. The people in the club must be extremely civilised and non of them must wear hoodies, baseball caps or Realtree. They must be of like minds, after the manner of Walker, Stone, Sheringham and Walton. True angling discourse must take place amongst the members. They must be of a placid nature and be quietly spoken.

There must be no silly rules. For example you must be able to take photographs of fish caught, and report what you catch to other anglers if you have a mind.

The fisheries controlled must be free of litter and other junk. The bailiffs should all be gentlemen, quietly spoken and well bred.

There must be no silly fishing rules like bait bans or the necessity to use barbless hooks. Good anglers know how to unhook fish let's face it. There must be adequate and safe parking avaiable. The waters must be free of match fishing and the necessity to erect silly wooden platforms. The stocking policy on the still waters should favour indigenous species such as rudd, tench, bream and roach. What few carp stocked, must be few so that some classic big carp fishing might be had.

But most of all, the members must be true brothers of the angle.

I have ?3000 available for such a privilage. I cannot take it with me.

Does such an angling organisation exist?

Or must I emigrate again?

L

Les Clark

Nice one Wol ,got Ron banged to rights ,dare say that one won`t count ,as it came from S.A .

R

That's not a baseball cap Wol, it's a bass fishing cap.

Bought it in CT USA.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

excuses excuses, aint good enough...

R

Many years ago, BB described carp anglers as big still quiet men who had the look in their eyes of those who had been to heaven and hell, and had no more to ask for from life; except to quietly angle for those large mailclad monsters of a quiet pool set amongst dense woodland.

And to escape from their lean nagging wives.

How well he put it.

How would you describe a modern carp angler?

B

BLAM

Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short (to paraphrase Hobbes).

B

BLAM

In fact Hobbes should be the patron saint of the Fishing Magic forums. Perhaps he really wasn't describing life in the quote above but had bumped into a few unruly monks carp fishing. Furthermore his comment that "Covenants without the sword are but words and have no strength to secure a man at all" would pretty much cover it for most denizens of the bait box forum.

R

With shaven heads, tattoos, chav like decorations, rings through their noses, hooks throught their eyebrows, huge beer bellies, loud mouths and perpetually stoned on Special Brews and Coke!!

And I don't mean Coca Cola!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"With shaven heads, tattoos, chav like decorations, rings through their noses, hooks throught their eyebrows, huge beer bellies, loud mouths and perpetually stoned on Special Brews and Coke!!"

Sounds like Rik n Stu if you ask me.

R

Oh come on Wol, they can't be that bad, surely?

I'm thinking that one day I might come down to your part of the world to do some real classic carp fishing.

L

Les Clark

Don`t judge the book by it`s cover Ron ,you should know better at your age .

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Do you know something?
I don't think I have seen any of the carp lads useing bad language or making any racist remarks. I've seen Ron use swear words though, in more than one language.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

The specification you give Ron can only mean one Club ? The Celestial Anglers of the Universe.
3 Grand should help you achieve this in pleasant surroundings somewhere in Holland.
For more info have a look here

http://www.dignitas.ch/we/Referat_Giessen.htm
:0)

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Ron, wonderful news, I am at this very moment forming such a club, if you would care to forward your ?3000 membership fee, (Cheque is fine, payable 'cash'), I shall send you all the details upon my return from a well earned 2 week cruise.

Look forward to hearing from you my bestest mate !!!.