Bird flu in Fife!!!!!!!

E

EC

Its Ok I torched my neighbours aviary last autumn!

We're all dead, DEAD I tellz yer!

Just jokin!

gets nbc suit and dust masks from garage

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

No doubt the RSPCA will link it to lead and anglers at some stage!

T

The Monk

Nightnurse only knocks them out and gives them an headache, a naughty mate of mine used to soak chum mixers in the stuff when he was being bothered by the ducks

J

jason fisher

better start running round like headless chickens and pannicking then.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I saw a pigeon sneezing and 3 sparrows with snotty beaks this morning when I was out getting my morning paper--do you think bird flu has reached Liverpool ???

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

"I saw a pigeon sneezing and 3 sparrows with snotty beaks this morning when I was out getting my morning paper--do you think bird flu has reached Liverpool ???"

Nahh! Just been snorting a few lines.

F

Fred Bonney

I heard tonight, from a farmer in the pub,that if there is a declared area for infected birds, any access to fishing in the declared area will cease.
Not read the report,but,has anybody else heard a similar story?

J

John McLaren

Amazing though that every paper and tv and radio station have sent reporters hotfoot to the area.

I don't believe this disease can be readily spread by human movement but surely a responsible attitude in the early stages would be "don't go there unless you have to!"

R

Robert Woods 1

Didn't it take DEFRA 7 days to pick up dead swan...???

R

Robert Woods 1

Didn't it take DEFRA 7 days to pick up dead swan...??? TV News had a pic of another dead one which RSPB had reported five days ago.

K

Kevan Farmer

FM members may recall my post on the forums about bird flu a few weeks ago. At the time I did say I was awaiting instructions on just what we, as anglers, could do from one of the government laboratories. I had e-mailed them at a publicly advertised address. This is about 3 weeks ago now. Guess what? I still have had no reply at all. So it doesn't surprise me that it took them 8 days to actually pick up a dead and, at the time suspected bird flu case, swan.

I honestly do not think DEFRA has the situation in hand. Up in the quarantine zone in Fife it has been left to individual poulty farmers to impose there own 'off limits' zones. I would have thought that the first thing DEFRA would have done is to impose proper, legal exclusion zones around commercial fowl industries.