Fuel prices up

G

Ged

Noticed pump prices are up. 1p a litre from last week when I filled up yesterday.
Today, prices up yet again by 1p a litre.
No news of price increase.
Holidays are here again so up the fuel prices.
Fish local if you can and save money.

L

Les Clark

Ged ,buy at Tesco`s or Sainsbury`s ,cheapest price`s around ,but I never check the price ,It`s something that I need so why bother .

Disco stu

Reaction score
I collect nectar points with my diesel, I do about 150 to 200 miles a day.Fortunatly I have a company van for daily use and dont do many miles in my large 4x4 landrover discovery, only use it for fishing, trips to the shop ect.
So I dont really care how much it costs ho ho ho !!!

Joskin

Reaction score
I never look at the price I just fill up when I need to fill up.
Ive never been one for penny pinching and I never will be.

G

Ged

It's not the price, but how the companies put the price up especially when the kids are now of school and people are going to be traveling on holidays.
It will be interesting to see if prices drop after the Easter hols.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Any excuse to put prices up. They never reduce them when the situation resolves itself. Money grabbing toe rags in my opinion.

Joskin

Reaction score
Well ive been in the fuel trade for 15 years and have never knowen prices to be put up because its the school holidays.
I think its just a coincidence.

In my area (Oxfordshire) the prices went up a penny on Wednesday the kids are back at school on Monday so I cant see that being the case.

R

Robert Woods 1

I'm off to a lake in Shrewsbury on tuesday. To save petrol money I'm not comming back...lol

G

Ged

Where I am, the kids have finished for two weeks for Easter. Prices have gone up twice in the last week or so.
Makes me suspicious as it has been noticed before at holiday times.

S

Steve King

"Fortunatly I have a company van for daily use and dont do many miles in my large 4x4 landrover discovery, only use it for fishing, trips to the shop ect."

I know what you mean DiscoStu, people keep asking me about the running costs of my Defender, but seeing as I walk to work my annual mileage is quite low. I get so cheesed off with all the anti 4x4 brigade! My Defender does go offroad and there are a few places that I couldn't fish without it, additionally a relative has a large woodland and having the Defender means we can go camping right in the middle of it!

Like Les I always use Tescos or Sainsbury's etc when I can.

Pete Shears

Reaction score
I've noticed for years now that pump prices always start rising at Easter and continue right through the holiday periods until Sept/Oct ,thats when they might drop before going up again over Christmas/New Year - just the same as the price of holidays themselves - Rip-off UK

Joskin

Reaction score
I realy cant understand why you guys think this is the case. During school holidays I sell less fuel than when the kids are at school. The roads are always quite obviously quieter during school holidays. Although Ged was suggesting that people travel more during the holidays and perhaps that is why the prices go up. In my experience it is quite the opposite.

Prices fluctuate all year round.

P

Paul Christie 2

Why is no one bragging about the cheap fuel they are getting from that 'sign up for cheaper petrol' thread a bit back, I wonder?!

Must have been a big load of tosh......

L

levelspiker

i`ve nothing against people driving 4x4s,if they need them for work or hobbies.its these posers that just use them to take the brats to school, or to go shopping who **** me off.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Have we become so intollerant in the UK to the point where someone with the available cash to buy the car of their choice can be a source of contempt?

If you buy a 4x4 and chose to take the kids to school in it, or use it to do the shopping, so what?

Let's not go to the "pollution" argument either because before you do give sufficient free thought to the fact that Buses and Taxis in our towns and cities outnumber 4x4's by about 30:1

I think they are a far more significant source of pollution that Mrs Jones in her Land Rover taking her kids to school!