braid

• Thread starter christian tyroll
  • Start date
C

christian tyroll

i brought some braid today for hooklinks, to be precise drennan dacron. a few questions really 1. it says grinner and palmor produce highest knot strength, does this mean i shouldnt use the knotless knot? 2. when i cut it the end it frays, it this normal, if not why is happening, is it the braid or something im doing? help would be great, cheers!

C

christian tyroll

cheers Bryan, i just tried my mums sewing scissors razor sharp little things still frays a little, is this ok?

T

the jakkle

a little bit of fraying wont realy make any difference, it just makes the end of the line slightly scruffy. well thats what i think anyway.
the jakkle

C

chris 2

Hold the line taut when cutting this will reduce fraying.

C

christian tyroll

cheers guys, im just trying a knotless knot an i had trouble getting the line through the eye, when i did i couldnt get it back through again! any ideas?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Try momentarily putting it (the frayed end) in the flame of a match/lighter then immediately squeeze/pull between fingers.

C

christian tyroll

thanks Warren, i dont think il need to now, i just ran it through my mouth and it seemed to hold so could put it back through. i think ive got it now thanks guys!

Disco stu

Reaction score
Make sure you pull the completed rig tight and test it, braid tends to slip.

As I have learned to my cost!