All the gear and no idea.....

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Hi all,
from a previous thread I said I was going to Long in France on a magical mystery tour and its getting nearer.....
The issue is not being a Carper I have no idea what bait to take and in what Quantities for 7 days ,two anglers
We thought some maize and plenty of hemp but also 20 kilos of boilies

any ideas whats consistent and being June what works?

Cheers Matt

gooch

Reaction score
hi
i would definatly take some pellet with you as many of the fish in france see alot of it and also many lakes feed the fish in winter on pellet try to get mixed sizes though hemp and maize are also good but if you dont use it it dosent keep aswell as boilies i would use shelf life boilies coz if you dont use them they will last longer to use when you get home but take more you need more you will strugle to get more in france unless the place you are going supplys bait

F

Frothey

a bucket of maize - it improves with age! but i wouldnt necessarily pile it in, most do, so a small scattering might work better

i'd take at least 30kg boilies-use a decent quality fishmeal and air dry it for at least a fortnight before you go, and keep it hanging up when you get there - they'll last fine, and you can bring what you didnt use back. 30kg might sound a lot, but its only just over 1kg/rod/day - which wont last 5 minutes if the fish are there!

i wouldnt use pellet if the lake has poisson chat in it, they'll be straight on it. it might bring the carp in, but it'll be a nightmare on the hookbaits!

on that point, dont forget the bait mesh....

a tin of tigers wouldnt go amiss either

C

Cakey

Im just back and I had 29 fish
I used 5k of boilies
2 tins of tigers
10k of pellet

D

Deecy ACA

Echo what Cakey advises but definatley have a couple of pots of yellow pineapple pop ups.I know the area you are going to , very very frustrating area to fish.You may well find Tigers account for most of the Carp, with the yellow pop ups catching all sorts including big Rudd.Drop me an e mail if you think I can pre warn you of the frustrations in that area.If you are fishing the river that is a totally different ball game.