Orchid Lake - Oxfordshire

catman

Reaction score
I have heard good things about Orchid Lake and thinking of fishing it. Is there anyone who has fished it and can give me as much info, tips etc as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

catman

Reaction score
Been on website but it doesn't give so many hints and tips.

captain carrott

Reaction score
i've had good and bad experiences of the place, when i first went they were nothing but good. since they lost one of their big 30's to a tether rig things went downhill on the warm friendly reception front. to the point that i decided i wouldn't be going again.

maybe things will have improved since though. it's a few years ago that i last went.

captain carrott

Reaction score
no problems with the fishing side, marsh has always had a very good water, not easy but if you put the work in you will get rewards.
it's the frosty reception and being treated like a low grade moron which put me off. (not by marsh may i add but by one of his employees.)

marsh pratley

Reaction score
My apologies if you had a frosty reception from one of the bailiffs here. I don't know which one it was but rest assured I've had strong words with them all about being courteous to customers.

captain carrott

Reaction score
it was quite a few years back marsh not too long after you lost your biggie to a tether rig and banned lead core.

as for marsh himself never had anything but a good reception from him.

as for the biggest 33 my pb. but i fished the lagoon mostly anyway. used to love the point over at the back.

catman

Reaction score
Is it worth going for judt one night or would a couple be more beneficial on my first time there.