margin pike attack wounds angler !

K

keith reid

check yhis one.Guy lands trout on fly and returns it to the water....as he does this a big pike screams in and snatches the trout out of his very hand.....whack, leaving him with a bloodt hand. After seeing this myself i am now more inclined to take seriously tales of terriers being attacked in the margins. Don't believe this , check the link, hope i have posted it ok. The other clips are great too, all wildlife shots.
http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/index.jsp?d=49668&a=564154

big gus

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me, although sounds like a clip worth watching.

L

little sister

OUCH!!!

Where, Ive been to that place Joskin sent me its not in english !

L

levelspiker

same thing happened to a mate of mine several years ago,when he was trying to unhook a small jack with out lifting it from the water,a fish of upper double\low twenty size grabbed the jack and tore of into a weed bed.unfortunately,it let go and he reeled in a very sorry looking jack.he returned it,whether the big one tracked it down and ate it,or whether it survived,who knows!

L

little sister

I haven't had that , but a few of them have made me jump out of me skin !
Must be a pike joke.

L

levelspiker

having a pike take a lure at your feet when wading makes you nearly poo yerself too!!!!!!!!

L

little sister

I'll second that Pete, I was going to push steve in so that I could make my getaway.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Once just after reeling in a dead bait on the Avon I received a phone call, I answered it and while talking absent mindedly dangled the dead roach in the water in front of me making figure of eights and watching how it behaved on the retrieve. I had just lifted it about 3 inches out of the water when a jack launched itself at it taking me completely by suprise, I almost dropped my phone in the water and exclaimed ****! It missed and swam straight off but my was that a sight to see.

K

keith reid

But a serious point here...if it attacked a fish held by someone....could it not attack say a wee dog ? In the past people have pooh poohed such tales......

L

levelspiker

keith,it could,and probably has happened.
but the old wives tales and the media make it seem a regular occurance.