Angler bitten by fox

mol

Reaction score
I often nightfish without a bivvy in the summer never mind zipping the door down and I don't think I'll bother changing. For it to make the papers it must show how rare anything like this is.

Must have hurt though.

little oik

Reaction score
The problem over here is mink . In some places they are even out in daylight trying it on with any food thats going .A guy I know had a run in with one when he was deadbaiting for pike ,it was trying to snaffle a mackerel from under his nose .Thanks peta and associated friends

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I rarely zip the bivvy door closed for two reason; forstly I can get out a lot quicker when a run occurs and secondly I prefer cool fresh air insdie.

Never had a proble with any animals though.

Foxes = Vermin, I'll be very happy when the current 'so called' Law is repealled.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I remember one time in France when the guy opposite me had a coypu in his Bivvy. Did he scream! He never knew such things existed and thought someone had spiked his drink. :)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
We used to get coypu on the fens, big beggars an' all. I had one walk up the canal bank once so I climbed a farm gate and into the next field. They stop for no one!

uscarper

Reaction score
here in the u.s. i have never heard of anyone being bitten by a fox while fishing, in my opinion the fox had something wrong with it, if it attacked someone. perhaps a disease such as distemper or rabies. or was starving and wanted some bit of food. where i fish there are alot of raccoons, they have very little fear of humans as they are not hunted in this particular area. they will come up and try to steal food or bait, and can get aggressive if they dont get what they want. around the paylakes here there are usually rats around and these i beleive are the biggest danger, due to there being a larger number of them.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Are they snoggy or scary?
Do they make good pets?
Do they come when whistled?
Anything with cuboidal dung (HOW, for gawdsake? Cheesewire between the buttocks?) and so euphonious a name as "wombat" ought to be eccentrially cute, but the first Europeans in America probably thought that about the Skunk.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
If I had to chose then I think I'd rather avoid the raccoons.

Most of the ones we saw in Mississippi were rabid and those claws don't exactly look like they may be blunt.

They would typically come into the back garen after I'd done a BBQ and tried to eat anything left. They are good for target practice but no other useful purpose as far as I could see, a bit like cormorants in that way . . . . .