Very well done!

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

This is a nice bit of positive news which is always welcome.

F

Fred Bonney

Well done to all of those involved throughout,particularly the club for pushing it all along.

R

Robert Woods 1

Good news. I did most of my stick float fishing learning on that stretch in 70's.

T

Tony Rocca

Thats great news for the Dane.

Oh, and I would just like to stick two fingers up to all the BS knockers, non of whome are big enough to say "well done" when its deserved it seems. :eek:)

P

Phil Hatton

As a B S member and Dane regular I am doubly pleased. We could use more cooperation between groups like this and a bit less teddy bear slinging. Many thanks to all concerned.

P

paul williams 2

Well done indeed.................gonna buy all barbs though? :)

Ron, didn't you once say Barbs belong in our eastern rivers?

What was the natural pre pollution, pre barbel state of the river? i genuinly don't know.......was it better in it's former form or after barbs?

P

Phil Hatton

I don't know if the other Dane lads will agree but I seem to remember that the chub fishing was better before the whiskers arrived. Then again I think we had a lower average size. I suppose it's likely that barbel scoff a lot of eggs come spawning time.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Brummie, we can argue the problem of the barbel in the rivers where they don't belong until the cows come home.

My own feeling is that barbel should never have been stocked in the river systems where they were not originally indigenous. They only belong the Yorkshire Ouse, Don and tributaries, Trent and tributaries and the Thames and tributaries.

OK, maybe the Great Ouse also.