big koi carp

catman

Reaction score
I have access to a private lake and am being given a 30lbs+ pure white common koi, by a garden center who's resident has outgrown its pond. I have never even heard of, let alone seen a koi as big as this. Has anyone else?

S

Shrek

The Stratford on Avon Butterfly Farm have the largest koi carp I've seen but I don't reckon the largest would go that big, probably high teens or at the most very low 20's. Not a pretty fish though.

S

Sage

Koi Water Barn claim to have the largest Koi in the country. It is 1.2m long. I reckon it was about 22lb last year.

There is a sign above the pond saying that it is not for sale.

While I was buying some stuff for my pond some smart Alec asked the guy if he had ever been tempted to sell it. He said no. The guy was clearly trying to impress his girlfriend, so he asked what was the most he had turned down for the fish. The shop owner calmly replied "thirty grand". The guy walked away....

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

The biggest Koi I have ever seen were a pair of Cha-goi estimated at over 90lb in weight they were HUGE

seriously off the scale...like nothing I have ever seen before or since.

NOT JOKING!

matt

Reaction score
A virus prevalent among koi carp is the Koi Herpes Virus.
Please think very carefully before stocking this fish anywhere. If carrying this virus it will expose any existing stock in the lake to the virus.
It is illegal to stock any fish without a section 30 consent from the E.A.

Mike Wilkinson

Reaction score
I saw a 45lb koi in Anglers Mail a few years back caught in New Zealand, the captor then got fined for putting it back alive.!!!!