unusual carp baits

uscarper

Reaction score
Was just wondering what is the strangest bait that you have caught carp on. Ive seen 2 carp caught on large minnows, 10lb and a beautiful 12lb both commons, both were hooked inside the mouth so the carp were attempting to eat them. Also have seen a large Buffalo 20lb estimated weight, caught on a snapping turtle liver intended for catfish. i have seen carp chasing schools of small minnows which was entertaining to watch. the minnows were chased into very shallow water and would leap to try to evade getting eaten. i was always told they wont eat minnows, but i know they will sometimes. also i have myself caught carp from beneath a mulberry tree that hung out over the river. the carp would just casually sit there and wait for the berrys to fall and would instantly grab them before another carp could get it. i would put one on a hook and just drop it beneath the tree.some other things ive seen wascarp eating popcorn thrown into river, cicada bugs when they have large hatch as soon as one hit the water.

dezza

Reaction score
A carp will eat anything it has been taught not to eat.

It will also eat plastic or artificial sweetcorn, maggots, worms and other quite inedible items.