help needed again :o)

W

Wendy Perry

Hi guys and CLEM :eek:)

ok new question can anyone tell me how to make my own paste at home ???

R

Rob Brownfield

(puts on a condesending voice)...same as you would make dough for baking!! :eek:)

Seriously, most carp base mixes can be used to make paste...just mix with eggs until u get a stiff paste...leave in a sealed bag for a few hours...kneed...then its ready to go.

If you want a cheap killer paste, use trout pellets, grind them to a powder (u can but this pre ground, add 5 parts pellet crumb to 0ne part flour, add water...hey presto...a cheap killer of a bait.

U can add flavours etc too if u want. Use the dosages recommended on the bottle....

Hope this helps :O)

W

Wendy Perry

ok i bought some trout pellets today at the tackle shop he said soak them in a little water and when they soften add a whisked egg and then mix together is this right ?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Rob said "(puts on a condesending voice)...same as you would make dough for baking!!"

He He He, still smirking and I've read the other posts.

Hi Wendy,
I use a ready made paste and a powder which you just add water to, it's called "Steve Gregory's Miracle paste" It is very soft and I use it with the pole but to stiffen it you can use eggs instead of water. If you use the pellets, try crushing them into a powder with a rolling pin or smash them with a hammer then add the powder to a couple of eggs a little at a time whem the mix looks like it is still a little to wet leave it for about 20 mins to let the pellet powder soak up the egg, then use corn flower to get the mix to the right consistancy but leave it a little more tacky than you would like as it takes a while for the egg to soak right in and you can always add more corn flower to.

W

Wendy Perry

Thanx Rodney i will try that i am going to a place i never been b4 on Sat and apparantly the carp are BIG in there so i just fancied a different bait than the chum mixer so i will let ya know how i do with it :eek:)

what would i do without u lot :eek:)

R

Rodney Wrestt

Wendy,
You could take some sweet corn & some bread as they are old but good even if they are just as change baits. Are you going to loose feed the pellets as well? if you are remember to put them in a spare bait box and cover them with water for a few seconds then drain them 'cause a lot of pellets float and they could drift off taking fish away from you.

N

Nicky Garbutt

cheap and effective one for you
just get a loaf of bread cut off the crust soak it in water til it goes like dough. ring it out in a old tea towel and mix in your flavours and colour.

W

Wendy Perry

i like the sound of the bread one as well thanks nicky

Rodney: yes i'm gonna take some loose pellets to catapult as well and i will do as u say put them in seperate container i have just finished soaking them pellets from t-time and they feel ready to be mashed up now so i will let u know how i do with it :eek:)

R

Rodney Wrestt

What type & size are the pellets you are using? I generally use 5mm trout, Hemp and the new ones I've got are CSL (but I haven't tried these yet). I used to put the trout pellets into a coffee mill attachment on the blender (until I broke it doing the same with cat biscuits) and grind them into as fine a powder as I could get and mix it with a small jar of Heinz spaghetti bolognaise baby food, the carp & breem in my local canal loved it. I did the same with the ground cat food and there wasn't much of a difference in catches so maybe it was the spag boll they liked. ;-}~

W

Wendy Perry

what a good ides rodney do u add the spag bol b4 u mix it all up ?

R

Rodney Wrestt

I add the powder to the liquid slowly as they say you can put more in but you can't take it out.
I also tried the Heinz Puddings, but spag boll was the preferred meal. ;-}~

C

Cakey

Wendy
just thought of another one for you.
go to tescos and buy tescos own brand jelly.
it cuts up into 16 bait size pieces in several flavours.
bit sticky but good while its still mild out there.

CAKEY

W

Wendy Perry

Like the jelly idea thanks i will try that

ok made my paste BUT it's very sticky i think i put too much water in it how do i resolve this now do i add some flour ?? i knew i should have stuck to those cookery lessons :eek:)

P

peter webber

Wendy

Add some corn flour to it, this will help.

Another idea for you is to dip your paste after putting it on the hook in some liquid pellet, this will add to its attractiveness ( not that you need it ) or you could use just about any boilie dip for this.

Pete

P

peter webber

Wendy yet another one for you is to use a hair rig rather then put the bait on the hook.

Put a small bead on the hair (this will meen making the rig up yourself) and mould the paste on the hair around the bead. This tends to keep the bait on better then putting it on a hook.

Looks like a good time to learn the knotless knot here :)

Pete

L

laguna laguna

have you ever killed a fish i have i have killed over 100 its fun and messy and have you ever had night fishing where you kill the fish by cooking them yummy so good to eat try it some day what about anyone else have you ever brought pizza and put the fish on it. what about using the roach you catch to use it as a bait works like a charm try it some day its great