coronation street

L

levelspiker

on coronation street tonight,Audrey and her bloke fishing a canal.
"don`t you fancy a nice bream for your tea?"matey asked audrey.
you would think that granada tv would do a bit of research before they put coarse angling on their programme,especially with the fish stealing problems that are rife nationwide.
at least they showed les battersby getting caught fishing without a licence.

J

Jeff Woodhouse

Ah, but did Les get caught fishing without a licence, and EA licence of just a licence fromt he fishery owner, in other words a club ticket? How come he got fined ?130?

If it was a Rod Licence he didn't have he would have to go to court first. If it was a club ticket then they couldn't do anything except sling him off and bring a private prosecution, again through a magistrates court. All wrong!

Yes you'd think that Granada would research it properly AND you'd think they'd get soem proper anglers in as consultants to show them how to use tackle.

I think it's disgraceful and show real anglers up in a very poor light.

Beecy

Reaction score
I didnt see it but can imagine what it was like

The usual fisherman on TV has a wicker basket, telescopic rod set on a rest so the rod is at 45degrees, with a mini pike bung as a float

P

Paul Clarke

....and they always hold the rod , one handed , at the very base of the butt !!! You see the same thing in mainstream catalogues .

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I always laugh at catalogue man.
You're right Paul, one hand on the butt of the rod the other on the reel handle.
What a joke!

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
It was total rubbish,wye wasnt les and chesney getting wet? also no bailif would ask to see a licence whilst the person was trying to land a fish.Its all ways the same with these tv shows.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Bloody Hell ---Its only a soap ......

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
With the number of anglers out there. You would think somebody on the production crew would know how to set the sene properly.

I always laugth at tv shows when they show a photographer. he will be there with a big telephoto lens and be tacking the picture of somebody stood 2 foot away. Impossible. Just looks better on film i suppose.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing that. Anyone know when it's repeated?

B

Bob Watson

Arthur Fowler and crew went down the cut in eastenders years ago, same scenario, we really are portrayed as a bunch of idiotic imbeciles.

J

Jeff Woodhouse

"Wouldn't mind seeing that. Anyone know when it's repeated?"

There'll be an omnibus edition on ITV2 or 3 sometime over the weekend.

It just riles me the fact that I'm down with casting agents and mention one of my special skills as "angling". No doubt there are plenty of others oop in t'north that have done the same. All it takes is a phone call around the agents to find someone with same said skill to act as a consultant. It's a day's work for someone at least.

T

Tony Rocca

A fair bit of bream used to be eaten ooop norf, steamed I believe.

Saw it for sale regularly on Barnsley market.

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

Nothing wrong with eating bream it is simply just not done anymore.

Would you really want the accumulated heavy metals and toxins that a top end predator (Not the best term but they are a damned site higher than bloodworm tubiflex daphnia and fish fry) would accumulate in their systems on your dinner plate?

I think not!

M

mark williams 4

There are dozens of kinds of sea bream - black bream is lovely

D

Danny Lancaster

Just noticed, Commercials Part 3 - Marks nephew is doing a cracking impression of catalogue man!!