The Shed

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've been in mine today having a "sort out". Oh my Lord...there is enough gear [and bait] in there to kit out at least 4 other anglers. Rods & reels I've forgotten about,seats,fleeces,feeders,leads,bags,boxes, nets,boots, fly gear, alarms, holdalls, Mitchell 300's [!] ...I even found a whip that I didn't know I owned. No bivvy or bedchair yet Ray but I'm still looking...there may be one in there somewhere !

Not to mention spiders that would not look out of place in the Amazon and a couple of bees the size of walnuts.:eek:

I bet most people's sheds/garages are the same but why do we hang onto this stuff ? I cannot see me ever using a lot of it again but I'm loathe to chuck it "just in case".

I might add that my "proper" gear lives in the utility room so the shed is just the overspill.

The best find so far is a quite spectacularly horrible Mitchell freespool reel called a "Predator". It is truly shocking...I must have beeen drinking when I bought that !

Last edited:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Skippy,

My shed was just the same awhile back, so much stuff i had trouble getting in there, and thats not a joke.

I have had a good clear out of my fishing gear, plus other stuff and my shed now has some space in it. I was going to throw alot of gear away at the local dump, the guy next door said, do a car boot sale, your sell most of that gear,(it wasnt fishing tackle by the way).

Talk about selling rubbish, I cleared £386 thats taking off the tenner it cost for the pitch. Most of the stuff was the boys old skateboards, rollerblades, games etc etc.

The one thing I refuse to sell is my old Scalectrix, not becuase i will every use it again, but because all people want to buy are the cars, track is two a penny, but its no good if you havent got cars to race on it.

If you dont find a bedchair and bivvy Skippy, you will get one soon...............:wh:D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
we should run a new thread - best tackle shed/tackle den!!!

picture to follow.

And most shocking item residing therein. I found a bag of groundbait that I know for a fact I brought with me when we moved here...17 years ago.:eek:
I doubt I put a boilie on once every two years...I found 8 BAGS of them.

I also found an original John Wilson Avon Quiver Rod...bought from the man himself !

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Did you find any Spratt's Silver cloud in a white cloth bag?

Ha ha ha...no,nothing quite that old though I'm sure I have some Pomenteg somewhere and I know for a fact there is still half a tub of Hi-Pro in my old mum's garage.

Far too many of your distant cousins lurking in the corners for my liking...kept Mrs S away from my gear though.She's pretty ruthless with a bin bag !

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
And most shocking item residing therein. I found a bag of groundbait that I know for a fact I brought with me when we moved here...17 years ago.:eek:
I doubt I put a boilie on once every two years...I found 8 BAGS of them.

I also found an original John Wilson Avon Quiver Rod...bought from the man himself !

Stick it on EBAY!!!! the originol JW Avon quiver can fetch upwards of £60 in good nick:eek: it is my favourite chub rod - I could never part with mine!!!

i often toy with the idea of having a second, but thta would just be silly.

michaels

Reaction score
Stick it on EBAY!!!! the originol JW Avon quiver can fetch upwards of £60 in good nick:eek: it is my favourite chub rod - I could never part with mine!!!

The problem for me is that I collected various rods, for car boots, auctions, jumble sales, many many years ago, when they couldn’t even give them away. They were and are the backbone of my collection. I remember getting perfect early JW`s for £20 the pair, Drennan waggler, legermaster, bomb rods etc for £25 and the best, unused Drennan Tench & S/tench rods, still in the plastic cover, £45 the pair, bundles of cane rods. But I`m buggered if I know how much I`ve squirreled away over the 45 years. Thank god for the disposable/I need the newest society, I`ll keep getting the old stuff.

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Last summer I had a good clear out of my fishing tackle

I sold a pole I'd not used for about 4 years, various old rods and reels that just sat in the gloom and never saw the bank, a seat box that hadn't seen a bum for 5 year.

The stuff was old and not very good but it cleared out a good bit of space and I raised enough cash for a new rod and reel

S-Kippy

Reaction score

Christian...if you dont mind refurbishing it you can have mine as I dont use it anymore nor can I ever see me doing so. It will need stripping down & re-ringing mind and the "avon" top went for a pea stick years ago.

bigchub

Reaction score
You guys have got it easy! Over the last couple of months I have had to clear out my grandads shed which has not see a clean out for over 60 years. It was stacked as high as you could imagine with all different types of wood from all over the world including quite a large amount of greenheart. My grandad was a very proficient furniture maker and never chucked anything away. I'm now in the process of converting it so I can roll my bait in peace and so I don't have the missus shouting at me that I'm stinking the house out. We have so far had 2 skips out of it and we are still going.

As for spiders - some of them were big enough to ride on!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well between work and fishing i am trying to build a new shed this year, well more of a workshop.

There will be a shed, small one for the lawnmower.