Burnham-On-Sea

D

Derrick Lawrence

Can anyone tell me about the fishing in this place? Next weekend I am off to a lakeside holiday village here next weekend. I am hoping to do some pike fishing, but enjoy all types of fishing.
I would also be interested in any decent shore fishing marks (beech or pier etc)

D

David Robichaud

Derrick, I was at Lakeside twice in 1999. The lake at the camp site is a good lake,wich has overcome problems in the last 12 months, and is once again fishing very well, Carp to 30lbs and roach. In Burnham you have the Apex lake complex which has a good reputation for fishing of a good variety of species including pike. The rivers in the area have some superb bream fishing.

D

David Robichaud

One more thing Derrick, contact Chris's Angling Centre, 12 Regent Street, Burnham on Sea. He will give you all he info on the area that you could wish for. His number is 01278 794442.

M

MARK FRAME

Iwas there in april.
if its carp you are after on the lake fish as tight as you can to the far bank.sea fishing wise fish the up tide as i found this was best with smaller fish almost every cast fish about 40 yards out dont bother with a rest cos by the pier there is a slipway and i fished from there i fished with worm tipped with squid as this found the better fish
if your gonna fish this part though WATCH for the waves or youll get SOAKED
YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO USE BOILES IN THE LAKE THOUGH ifound flavoured meat to be pretty good.
location wise,there is a reasonable size bar that runs from about 20 yards out.
it is in the swim that is a built up platform or try the first swim tight to the weeds
when i was there though the far end swims were more productive.

tight lines youll enjoy it
there is also another tackle shop that is bigger than chris's and it has more stuff.