spool loader

tomo

Reaction score
hi everyone i am a new member .tomo manchester been an angler for a good few years now but my youngest son is wanting to get more into carp fishing and most of my years fishing as been pleasure only so now i have got to learn more about carp fishing any tips and advice would be very much appreciated and does anyone heard of the berkley spool loader for loading reels of line

tomo

Reaction score
obviously nobody has heard of the reel/spool filler.and many thanks for your tips and advice on carp fishing .not

CAT

Reaction score
Tomo, i suggest you read some of the fantastic articles that have been done by FM members they are full of information and tips on catching Carp, Barbel in fact any species you care to mention.
I have done a few but all mine have been based on catching Carp and Barbel from the the river Trent, weather thats any good to you i dont know.

colsmiff

Reaction score
tomo, the berkeley spool loader can be got from askari online. haven't seen it anywhere else. considered buying one myself but a bitexpensive at around 30 notes.

tomo

Reaction score
many thanks cat but tackling the trent at this stage of my carp fishing days might be a bit premature but thanks anyway i will take your advice and checkout the carp forum .and thanks again

C

Cakey

no Ive not heard of the berkley spool loader so I cant help.
I have got a berkley spool stripper that is superb

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Tomo, read all the advice you can mate,then get your youngun geared up with loads of camo gear!!!!!Tekneeks did a spool loader,but it does'nt take bulk spools.I have seen the berkely one,but you can easy fill reels by using a bucket of hot water and a yellow page book and a teatowel.

P

Paul Clarke

Tomo , check out e-bay for line spoolers . I've just bought one that does handle bulk spools - Havn't actually used it yet bit it looks like it'll be ok.......
To be honest , after re-reading that , it seems like i've been no help at all :)

C

Chris Bishop

Rich,
Why hot water out of interest..? Won't this just make the line bind on the spool when it cools down..?