The Barbel Society Conference 06

Paul. Owens

Reaction score
The Barbel Society Conference

The Barbel Society Conference is the premier barbel event of the angling calendar. It will again be held at The Hinckley Island Hotel, Watling Steet, Hinckley, Leicestershire on Sunday 14th May. A fantastic day can be guranteed for all who attend. The event is open to non members of the Barbel Society and tickets are priced at ?25 for non members ?5 of which is refundable on the day to anyone that joins the society. The doors open at 9.00am and the event runs through until 5.30pm with a break at lunchtime and intervals in between too. There are many guest speakers on the day talking all things barbel. The speakers are:

Tony Miles/ Trefor West
The early years

John Bailey
Barbel fishing abroad

Ashley Burton
The Warwickshire Avon

Gary Knowles
Northern barbel rivers

Gary Newman
Modern barbel tactics

Fred Crouch/ Steve Pope

At lunch time there will be a Wallis casting demonstration and tuition with Chris Lythe on the hotel lake. There will be a large tackle hall adjecent to the main hall with all sorts of goodies available to stock up on for the new season ahead including many tackle and bait stands. Everyone that attends will be entered into the golden draw where we have a very special mystery prize on offer well worth winning as well as a huge mega raffle with spot prizes drawn throughout the day too. All in all a great day out for any barbel angler. So if you are new to barbel fishing wishing to learn more about barbel or a seasoned campaigner there is some thing for everyone at The Barbel Society Conference. Tickets must be booked in advance for this event, there are no tickets available on the day. To book your place at the premier barbel event of the year call Paul Owens on 07951414490

Ged Lineham

Reaction score
Paul do you mean to tell me that Bobs not giving a talk again this year?..... damned bad organisation if you ask me.
that would be worth ?125 a ticket! Ah well just have to drink more beer instead

Rob Swindells

Reaction score
Trust you breadhooks to come out with that one ! are we safe from the meerkat on here ? :)............drink more beer on saturday will be the better option , i think ! not long now , can't wait.

T

Tony Rocca

Yup, wouldnt miss it for the world.

Me and Fred are doing a morris dancing display........I just haven't told him yet.

Get yer bells and hankies out Fred.

F

Fred Bonney

If you have the time Gary,there is a syncronised farting display as well!!

So,much for the old image of the BS. ;o)

D

Dave Burr

Its okay Tony, I've rung the hotel and told them to stock more girlie drinks for you, you'll be able to wave your little pinkie finger at the throng whilst supping your favourite tipple.

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

Satuday night

Martin Womble and me!

I am bringing a coule of bottles and a hip flask this time!

No way am i waiting six months for a drink again!

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

If I bring my John Bailey books do you think he will sign them ?

It would only take him an hour or so!