Eating on the bank

S

Stuart Harvey

Bored with the same old stuff I need some fresh ideas.

So come on and give me some receipes that are easy, healthy, tasty and don't require half a kitchen to cook.

matt

Reaction score
pasta and sauce is an easy one light to carry and filling.
My personal favourite is tinned chilli with new pots you can cook them in the same pan,less hassle and bread for mopping up. Accompanied by a chillian red

T

The Monk

You young carpies are spoilt rotten, why in the old days we always had chip butties and HP sauce, the inside of me bivvy was full of chip fat and all the flies used to stick to it

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

No tins and no alcohol.
Enyoy it while you can, as it won't be long now before ALL clubs ban drinking on the bank, even just the one can of lager or bottle of wine.
I know you all take your food wrappers home with you, that is why certain waters are a disgrace. It must be the gremlins again.

And you wont spot any fish activity looking in the frying pan either.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've seen it Cakey, it's frightening. What Wol can do with sausage brings tears to your eyes.

L

little Stu!

Tis True!

The fisher boys in france this year are going for it:

Thai Curry one night
Indian the next
Chinese the next and so on and so on..... all cooked on the bank from fresh ingredients.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

And a salad roll each from Bully the bank.

B

Bully

Make a vat of something and freeze it. Some of the pre-prepared sauces (eg Thai) are quite acceptable these days. Cooking is a passion of mine, so to admit using sauces is a real wrench......but if you are time constrained.

Chilli from a can though is one step too far....

B

Bully

Fresh ingredients - yeh.

U could also have an ....ing burger which looks like charcoal from WoL, marinaded in hock and lemonade......

L

little Stu!

Bully says "Cooking is a passion of mine"

mmmmmmmm.......dieting is a passion of mine, but I'm far from any good at that either......

Bully, instead of you receiving your daily insult from me, lets open this up to the other fisher boys who went to France with us to hear their opinion of your gourmet delights.....

Rik? Wol?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

So what's wrong with using canned food Baz?

I have used canned food for years on camping and fishing trips. There's no plug to connect a refrigerator out there.

Or maybe you think I'm going to leave my cans on the bank. If you do I regard that as an insult of the highest order! A black bin bag goes with me whenever I go on a bivvy session. All my rubbish goes into it and I bring it home with me.

What should be banned are rubbish bins at fisheries.

And what's wrong with having the odd beer as the sun goes down? Here again you are equating the responsible angler with binge drinkers.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ron, he's getting more bites than you lately.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"to hear their opinion of your gourmet delights....."

Munches in the night was about it from old puff the magic dragon. Oh and that tomato roll we had on the fisrt afternoon which was on par wiv a British Rail sarni.

Drink Bully? oh no, you've already got yourself one, chin chin!

L

little Stu!

I didn't mind the tom sarnies, it was the crusts cut off that did it for me!!

L

little Stu!

OK Mr Harvey......

I'm assuming you've got a stove and pots and pans etc.? For ease on bank and speed etc without taking kitchen sink.

Recipe 1 ? Thai Chicken Curry
2 x chicken breasts
1 x onion
1 x tin of coconut milk
1 x jar of pataks curry paste (any supermarket)
1 x tablespoon of oil

Heat pan, pour oil in, cube and fry chicken, add chopped onion and add table spoon of favourite variety curry paste. Confirm chicken is cooked then add tin of coconut milk. All can be done prior to going fishing; place cubed chicken, chopped onion, pataks paste and oil into a food bag and marinade the night before. Take lot to lake and cook away. I would be happy to educate Bully on boil in the bag rice but feel it needs little explaining!

L

little Stu!

Recipe 2 ? Breakfast Omelette
2 x eggs
1 x small cup of milk
2 x bacon
2 x sausage
1 x onion
1 x small handful of mushroom
Red sauce and brown sauce
1 x tablespoon of oil

Heat oil in large pan, chop sausage, bacon, onion and mushroom and fry gently, add sauce. In another container (cup/bowl etc) crack 2 eggs and add milk. Whisk roughly and pour over all the above. Once cooked, shimmy out the pan straight to the plate and shuv down neck.