Tragic Loss

honslow

Reaction score
This really is terrible news for angling.
Terry Mansbridge was the driving force behind the recent growth of the National Association of Fisheries and Angling Consultatives (NAFAC) and an important board member on the Fisheries and Angling Conservation Trust (FACT).
I had recently made his acquaintance and spoke to him regularly on the phone. He was a lovely guy and a tireless worker for the good of the sport.
Mike Heylin, secretary of the SAA ,paid him the ultimate compliment: "When Terry spoke, people listened."
Thank you Terry for all your efforts on behalf of anglers everywhere. You will be sorely missed.

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

The greatest compliment we could give him would be to continue his work and show that anglers and the sport of angling to be a major driving force within modern Britain.

J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

Dreadful news. He was a nice guy and had done so much for angling.

My condolences to his family and close friends.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

That is sad news. I remember Terry when he was secretary of Turnford Consotium and I don't think I've ever met anyone before or since that so dedicated to the improvement of angling.
His negotiating skills with water authorities, environmental groups and those that sought to put restrictions on our sport were unsurpassed.
His passing is a great loss to us all.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

People like this are a great loss to our sport.

I often think to myself, where the justice is in this life is for us to lose such great and valuable people?

Sincerest Condolences.

T

Terry D

I've never met him but I would have liked to shook his hand. I think we and angling as a whole owe him a great deal. It's a great loss to angling when we lose someone who does so much and serves on so many committees etc. Who is going to take up these positions and carry on the good fight?