Money Saving Ideas

B

Bob Car

On the Carp Fishing Forum under the heading of "help needed again" a lot of fellow members are coming up with ideas for saving money by making their own bits of tackle.
Knowing that there a quite a few other members that are classed as juniors or not so well off as some I think that it would be a good idea if we openly shared with others just exactly what our money saving ideas are.

B

Bob Car

If you require small pots to keep ie float rubbers, loose hooks, beads, spare alarm batteries etc pop along to your local photographic developers and ask them if they have any spare film cases normally they will give them to you and you will be supprised what you can use them for.

W

Wendy Perry

Yeha this is a fantastic thread Bob.... then i suppose you can mark the pots with whats in it :eek:)

D

Dave O'Loughlin

I'm lucky in that a drug rep gave me some little boxes that people put daily medication in - good if you get the chance.
Also the little transparent containers that screw into a tower that you can keep bits in - 1/2 the price at a haberdashers.

N

Nicky Garbutt

for cheap hair stops i use pasta in comes in long bits and you can snap it to any size you like.

N

Nicky Garbutt

a chap meat punch is macdonalds straws they also make good stiff tube when glued in to place they are see thought now.

A

Alan John Degville

you can use film can's,or get some one who work's with drills to bring you the round plastic covers they come iv;e got loads from my work place, to make cheap swim feeder's just drill some holes in them put on a swivel link ,also straight spaghetti cut into small pieces for stopping meat coming of hook push hook through meat place small piece of spaghetti in between hook&meat pull hook back until it traps it against meat.I also use the square bait boxes to hold loads of bits of tackle.beings they are square the fit nicely into the corners of seatboxes

N

Nicky Garbutt

to get cheap meat buy the bashed in tins from the bargin bin or the out of date meat. it doesnt matter if it is out of date cause your not eating it.

A

Alan John Degville

Other savings can be made on groundbait is buy Layers chicken mash 7lb bag for about 0.70p from animal foodstuff suppliers ,or superfeed,vitalin can be had for about ?8.00 for a 25 kilo sack,or buy Horse Molasses instead of the likes of Van Den End. You'll get a gallon for the price of a small bottle.

D

David Granger

re the pots its best NOT to mark them ,going through them all kills time between runs

D

David Granger

has vitalin changed???????? when i used to feed our dog on it it seemed to contain mostly oats and
other rubbish,is it used to distract the ducks or something????

N

Nicky Garbutt

it gos rock hard like school mash. its good for the methood cause is sticks better and its cheaper.

R

Ray Bewick

Fish with a group of like minded good mates; share the cost of transport, bait, groundbait etc. A group, even a 'loose' one usually has more fun & more success then individuals.

D

David Granger

always fish alone otherwise you`l be pi**ed when every one catches but you

R

rob d

quick save supermkts have sweetcorn for 22p
a tin seed merchants tend to be cheaper
for trout pellets hemp etc
i use pole elastic for hair stops it lets u alter the lenth by pulling the elastic into he bait. i just found out base mix for boilies is made from soya flour and semolina
dirt cheap so im told.

M

Mike Parker

I may be old fashioned, but one of the cheapo 15p loaves of bread is great for hook bait at any time of year. It is readily eaten by by all fish (although I havent caught pike or perch on it yet). Wet and mash the bread for a great attractant/ groundbait. Two loaves are enough for a good 10hr session which works out @ 3p/hr for bait!!!!!!

N

Nicky Garbutt

avoid any thing which says carp on the packet youl save lots.

N

Nicky Garbutt

buy stuff from sea mags much cheaper braid, rapalas, shads, wire, and mono line.