subterfuge hooklength

R

Ray Bewick

somefink that those burgers that have gone to France would use ;-)

M

Malcolm Bason

You are plobery right Ray - sorry been (hic) on the John Smith's all day!!

R

Ray Bewick

Malc - you yucky burger!.

Come on, "what is a subterfuge hooklentgh ?". I'm intrigued now.

Where are the 'intelligentsia' when ya need 'em.

France?, lets prove 'em wrong!

M

Malcolm Bason

"subterfuge hooklentgh"

Subterfuge is:

"a stratagem employed to conceal something"

So bearing that in mind I would say that it is a hooklength material that becomes vurtually invisible in the water - such as flurocarbon.

D

Dave O'Loughlin

I think you have to tie it with your eyes closed & to make doubly sure you keep your fingers in your ears!

G

GYPSY DAVE

Okey Dokey. Here Go'es!!!!
Subterfuge is a brand name for a pre-stretched, co-polymer line (i think) by one of the big manufacturer,s (still trying to remember which one) and is a dedicated hook link material.
It has the same refractive number as water, or as close as you can get, so when immersed in water it becomes almost invisible.
Hope this help's and as soon as i remember who make,s it i will let you know.
CHEERS:)

G

GYPSY DAVE

After exstensive research the plot thickens!
Gather round and take a seat.I wanna tell you a story.
Once upon a time, a great and wise man called Sir Richard of Gardner (Tackle) said unto the world of Blanker's, "Lo and behold your saviour! For i have traveled to the land of small yellow people and whilst there they bestowed on me a great and wonderful gift. This they called "fluro carbon" and bade me to bring this wondrous item to you, the great unwashed. (Except Wendy) This i have done and i present to you SUBTERFUGE" !!!!!!!!!
Thus it came to be, all angler's, for the small sum of ?8.95 rrp. could now not fail to catch.
Thus was how Sir Richard of Gardner (Tackle) became a Hero in the ledgends of Carp fishing.
P.S. if you don't believe this story you could always try your local Gardner Tackle Dealer.
Cheers once again

A

Alan John Degville

if anyone interested in getting some flourocarbon line iv.e been using some Graham 1st reccomended in his early days of fishing website's called Riverge Grand Max.
from Sportfish in Hereford it's a very good line &definatley puts more fish on the bank not so much when they are taking anything that moves ,but comes into its own when the going is hard very good delivery ordered by phone on the monday delivered 1st post on the wednesday same week.it's ?6.99 a 30 metre spool 10 sizes from 2.4 to 22 lb b/s phone as follow.
They also do some useful fishing item's
01544 327111 or visit website & order by.
E mail at www.sportfish.co.uk. e mail orders at orders@sportfish.co.uk

A

Alan John Degville

iv'e just been on sportfish website & the line is there.

G

gazza woods

BIT OFF THE TRACK BUT TRYING TO LAND A TWENTY THIS YEAR BEST SO FAR 12lb TRIED BEAVERS FURNACE BURY HILL WILLINGSHUST LIVE SE LONDON PUT IN A LOT OF TIME ON BANK BUT NO JOY CARPING JUST PAST YEAR SO STILL LEARNING ANY HELP OUT THERE
GAZZA .

R

Ray Bewick

gazza - Try posting a new 'thread' on the Carp list mate, it will give you a wider audience & probably more replies then on this thread about subterfuge hook length.

Might be an idea to turn of the 'caps lock' as well mate unless it?s necessary!

Hope that 20 comes along.