Animal Rights - The Fight Back to Rationality

Michael Heylin

Reaction score
You can support rational discussion and debate rather than terrorism by signing this petition.

http://www.thepeoplespetition.com/

We may not like animal testing but until we have something better this is the front line for animal rights and the silent majority need to speak out.

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

I voted. I don't like animal testing but a freind of mines nephew died of cancer last week...he was 12.

I wish I could have swapped places with him, nobody should die at 12.

E

Evan

I always tend to remind anyone who starts blathering on about animal testing that Thalidomide passed all of its tests before being cleared for use. Except that one test on one particular breed of (Belgian Dwarf IIRC) rabbits hadn't been carried out....

The most recent example must surely be all the hoo ha about the six unlucky blokes who had an unfortunate adverse reaction to drugs testing.

The fuss pointed up just how rare it is for there to be such dangerous reactions, most potentially deadly mistakes having been weeded out by animal testing long before getting near to a human subject.

Can you imagine how many more people would be injured in both testing and use without the benefit of rigorous animal testing first ? I shudder to think. Let alone the destruction of most avenues of original research in relation to such atrocities as cancer etc.

Cruelty I am dead against. The Anti-vivisectionists had a point back in the 1940's and 50's. BUT their protest has essentially succeeded; the protective safeguards now in place are incredibly stringent.

Modern Antis with their attacks on people (and Grandmother's corpses in graves for God's sake.... sick) are another matter altogether. God rot 'em. If they ever had a point they have ruined it by their behaviour.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Well said Evan.

The modern antis are just another form of terrorism and I wish governments would wake up to this fact.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Fully agree with everyone here.

The company I work for used to be targetted by extremists. Why? well, we are Landlords of a property occupied by a supplier to an animal testing laboratory.

Despite us being 'third in line' so to speak, several members of staff were followed home to ascertain where they lived. Then various 'reprisals' were carried out against these employees. One person had their car covered in paint stripper on 3 separate occasions.

The 'attackers' were mainly women, and operate in the dead of night. Make of that what you will.

I wonder, if one of these activists had a life-threatening condition, treatable but a drug tested on animals, would they refuse it?

I think we all know the answer to that!

Reaction score
P**A are without a doubt supporters of terrorism.

Tax returns to the US state department reveal that they pay/ paid $70000 p.a to a man called Rodney Coronado, a member of the A.L.F, and convicted bomber, who gives talks in US universities on how to construct bombs and incendiary devices to destroy medical labs and research.

Coronado sickeningly likens himself to Gandhi and Martin Luther King.

Such is the level of P**A?s ignorance of ethics and philosophy, these loons are able to come out with comments such as this?

?Violence and non-violence are not moral principles they?re tactics.? (Spokesmen for the Animal Defence League, Los Angeles)

Hypocrisy is also one of P**A?s main traits as you may expect?

P**A?s vice president Mary Beth Sweetland has a medical condition (type A diabetes) that is controlled by drugs that were tested on animals. She argues ?I don?t see myself as a hypocrite, I need my life to fight for the rights of animals.?

For an informative, amusing and thorough deconstruction of P**A?s extremist bile look here

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/709.html

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Any person that actively and financially supports organisations like ALF and Peta are terrorists themselves.

Why aren't people like MaCartney who support these organisations with impunity brought to book?