Reccomend a chair (not korum)

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
It's not that the korums aren't good they just aren't for me and they are pretty expensive. So what else is there ? I've sat on a cheap one and it sagged so much my @rse nearly touched the ground and fox warrior was quite nice but weighed a ton. Must be comfy and not really low and as light as possible. I was thinking of the middy robochair but even taking attachments into the eqasion at £90 it's a bit steep. Also looking for a bag to chuck said chair, net and an evenings worth of tackle and bait.

So, any thoughts ??

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Jimmy,

As you know there are many on the market, and do you need the attachments ???

You might want to take a look at the newish Nash range, newish its been out a few months. I have a JRC, it's not made anymore, so pointless giving you details, it cost me £30, about 12 years ago, and it's still going strong, so you might want to look at JRC X- Lite range of chairs also.

good luck.

Bluenose

Reaction score
I have a Wychwood lightweight, it's done probably 200+ sessions on river, lake and canal. Still going strong but not sure if they're still available, but if they are, grab one!

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys chaps, much appreciated. I'll amble down climax and have a look at the chub and jrc I've had a wychwood rogue and destroyed the feet on them ( the feet were poor though) but will give them another look.

The reason I mentioned the attachments is that I fish hard banks or platforms most of the time and as I am the model of disorganisation I need all the help I can get !!!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
If you fish from platforms alot, try getting yourself a pair of stage stands.

Look at the website here www.johnsonrosstackle.co.uk. Look under the Matrix section, great bit of kit.

They are designed for Carp anglers, better than a pod, you can put bank sticks in them easy, worth looking at. Come to think of it, I am sure Climax have then in stock as Matrix deliver to them.

bigchub

Reaction score
Same as Fred, Chub Hi-Lite, well recommended.

At that price I would be scared to get it dirty! £69.99! :eek:

I used to have a Fox Adjusta Level Chair and although quite bulky it was pretty good. I've noticed a distinct lack of chairs for the more roving angler. Somebody need to fill this gap in the market.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Jimmy
I bought a chair with side table and rod arm
Not the robo one and now I just take the chair
I found the add ons more stuff to carry and the rod arm was not as useful as good old banksticks

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the input chaps, all very helpful. I spotted the jrc and did wonder how it would cope with my circa 114kg frame.

I could possibly use a bait bucket for side tray, and could go back to good old bank sticks at the front, maybe one of rays stage hands at the back.

Or do I ? Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I read or saw someone use, and forgive the analogy, a thick rubberised pipe cleaner (originally used for gardening I think ????) that Id wrap round the frame of the chair to create a hook just to keep the back of the rod of the ground. Might even use one on the front if I'm not using a quiver rod.

Would this work or has jimmy cc had too much cheese before bedtime ? :)

I hope the chair bag will be a simpler task ;)