Look out Daiwa, Fox and Shimano...

C

Chris Bishop

Yep, went into Poundland today and they had telescopic rods for ?1 and a reel loaded with line for ?1.

They sell an accessory box (two floats, six rubber worms, two packets of hooks and about 10 BB shot) for 50p.

You can also get five handlines - rigs with hook, shot and bobber float on a pole winder - for ?1.

How about we have all get one of these for a laugh and see who can catch something using only the Poundland stuff..?

E

EC

Been using their kit for years mate!

Their plazzy bags make great seats as well!

nicky

Reaction score
Chris sounds a good laugh and i'm sure you could catch fish.
I've recently been to cuba and wanted to go fishing, two locals took me out on a pedalo, we used hand lines, rusty hooks, and really thick line, if you got a snag you would pull hard untill your hook bent straight, you would then bend your hook back into shape and carry on fishing, different world, we caught a dozen fish but they said it was nothing to catch forty or 50 fish in a couple of hours and that fishing rods weren't any good as you need to be touch ledgering to feel the bites.

I once had a telescopic rod that my dad gave to me that was ?3 in a sale at hypervalue, came complete with reel, line float and a few hooks, whilst the reel was useless i used the rod loads of times and caught plenty of fish with it including some nice sea trout, and chub, although not ideal it did the job, alot of people are more in love with there gear than the actual fishing

E

EC

"alot of people are more in love with there gear than the actual fishing"

So true

You should patent that statement mate!

S

Spoddy Dave

Its laughable really some of the stuff they are selling,but as a kid i remember catching on nothing more than a stick thin string a twig,and a bent pin with a worm on.

The light sticks are worth getting for night though,?1 for 20,ideal for marking landing nets and the edge of the water.

C

Chris Bishop

I'm going to get one for a laugh.

Maybe I'll do a review.

C

Chris Bishop

The stuff I looked at didn't look like it could empty a bath but I'm going to buy one for a laugh and see if I can catch something on it. Perch on the rubber wormy things maybe.

nicky

Reaction score
I heard neatto is also selling fishing gear as well now, a friend of mine said he just spent ?50 in there, dirt cheap, I think he said it was csl gear

S

Spoddy Dave

Hooties have started selling Leeda gear.
Very cheap,ideal for backup.