dyna craft badger bait boat

pat macsweeney

Reaction score
has any one got one of these bait boats or does any one know anything about them.
the price is right but the badger name is putting me off

richard turner

Reaction score
dont let it m8 i got mine as soon as it come out ok it dont do everything the much dearer ones do but what it will do is take your bait to where you want it and come back what else do you want never had a problem but go for the whole package with extra battery and lights and rucksack its an excellent deal if you need any more info let me no.

C

Chris Bishop

The last issue of Pike and Predators had a review which basically concluded it was cheap and cheerful. The guy that did it converted it by putting a jib on the front and attaching a Smartcast. Looked a bit Heath Robinson but he said it worked.

C

Chris Bishop

Famed early 20th Century cartoonist and illustrator who drew wierd and amazing inventions, innit.

C

Chris Bishop

Pat, found it. Basically says it's powered by water jets, carries up to a kilo of bait. Bit under-powered and not that fast, but unlikely to snag your trailing line.

"This is a cheap baitboat but bear in mind it's a Mini, not a BMW.
"For someone who wants to try baitboating for the first time without breaking the bank, it simply can't be beaten."

Obviously the guy was using it for pike fishing. Most carpers I see out on the bank seem to use Microcats of one form or another.

pat macsweeney

Reaction score
i was also looking at the pro cat boat looks the biz ,if i can wait a bit longer i might go for that one.
thanks for all the help.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Pat, you are probably only going to buy 1 bait boat,so you have to get it right first time, can i advise you on buying the Viper baitboat? a fantastic peace of kit.Plus you get everything you need,no primeing with them to.Where as the Micro cat you have to buy items seperatley.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
What items do you have to buy seperately with the Cat then Richard? The only thing the Viper has and the Microcat hasn't, is the battery meter!

The great advantage of the Microcat is their Graphical Echo sounder, I have one and its superb; i had a Viper and whilst the boat itself was brilliant, its echo sounder was aboslute pants!

One has to prime a Microcat, but I like to look upon it as 'foreplay'!

C

Cakey

Dont prime mine after the 1st run
ive got two plastic caps that I push over the outlet pipes before I take it out the water
remember you heard it here 1st !!

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Not so much with the Micro cat i agree,but with the other models you do.I dont have echo sounder so cant comment, i had one but returned it back to the shop.

macozdog

Reaction score
just come back from france with mine.topped up battery just before i went. charger caught fire!.jerry rigged one. battery life was good,steering poor,some of that was probably down to me but not all. two days in boat decided to only go in circles despite trying to realign main jet. badger have it back trying to fix it. and yes i,m the same guy they charged twice for the one boat

B

Bill Cox

Had mine a while! its never let me down yet. Going to France with it in 3 weeks time, will let you know how it stands up to some prolonged use. Gotta say for the price it seems to do the job.