Carp Canada Holiday

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Does anyone have first hand experience of the package holiday offered by Carp Canada on the Severn-Trent waterway? My mate and I really fancy the idea of a week in Canada, and bolt on a trip to Niagra Falls after. We are not out and out carp anglers ( I have some experience over 10 years ago). Will this venue be suitable for novice carpies? The web site looks fantastic but can anyone tell us whether it lives up to its billing? Cheers,

T

Terry D

Check out the Canadian Carp Club in the Fishing getaways section. If it's good enough for Bob Nudd to want to go back each year it should fit the bill. I've just been out there (on business) but about 4 weeks too early for the carp as there is still ice on the river in the quiet bays, although one did come out last week. The accommodation is excellent and Jeff will put you on the best swims, he'll also prebait your swim for you if required. Because these are real fighting river carp, they do tend to use 3.5lb TC rods and 18lb mainline/50lb braid. Jeff has available if you haven't got suitable stuff of your own plus he has his own tackle shop with lots of 'English' carping gear/bits & pieces. Just check it out.