E-Bay Reel Bargain

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Graham, I will pick it up at about 6pm when I get home.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've got one Nigel, it's a few years old but still a very good reel and I paid more than ?10.50 for it.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Steve,

To be honest I think some of the prices benig paid on e-bay definately favour the buyer these days. Too many sellers and not enough buyers perhaps.

If I dont get anymore bids ?10.50 it is.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Graham, not sure if I can pull out on the last day of a listing?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

....You can as long as you then sell to current high bidder.

J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

Just had a look.

Wouldn't surprise me if you get more than ?20 in the final rush! That's not bad Nigel.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

?16.00 in the end, Jeff so not bad.I have a pair to sell and am going to keep the other one.I'm short of reels after all!

Can anyone clear something up for me. The payer paid by pay pal.To accept his payment which was from either a debit or credit card I had to upgrade my own pay pal account to a premier one.This means I get charged to receive payments whereas with my previous personal account I didn't.If I reverted back to my old account how would buyers actually pay through pay pal? Would they have to have their own pay pal account and pay through that rather than use a debit/credit card which is presumably easier?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I'm not a boffin on this by any means Nigel but as I understand it if you buy through Paypal it costs you nothing its the seller that pays the commission which is what you are in this case. I worked it out to about 13% total if I remember right if you include Ebay's charges as well.

J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

The seller always pays to receive payment, Nigel, unless you tell the bidders that they must add a percentage if they wish to pay by Paypal.

The percentage for Paypal is small, but you also have the cost of listing the item and the commission on the ?16 it sold for. You don't pay commission on the postage. It's all still a lot cheaper than advertising it in the local paper - unless you have a free ads sheet.

S

Shrek

It's against eBay's listing rules to charge for PayPal, or any other, costs. They will remove your listing if they are notified of it.

F

Fred Bonney

The cost's can of course be hidden in the 'postage and packing'.
The only problem then, is your final sale price, may well be lower than you expect, because, some people take those charges into account when bidding.
Your fees will be less,comparitively speaking,though..

Y

yoggy

Fred,i agree with the postage and packing senario.There is one seller on Ebay who charges ?9.99 for a reel to be posted!!!.And ?14.50 for a rod!!!.This is absolutely ridiculous i`ve just posted a Shimano Aero 6000 GTE to someone it cost me ?2.89!!!!!!!!!!.

F

Fred Bonney

Well Yoggy,I just Couriered(?) a 6ft rod for ?7.58 in a proper plastic tube ,don't know how much they cost,so 'post & packaging' ?12 ?
plus costs.
Not c****ther is it?