Signing Off For a Couple of Weeks

• Thread starter Frank "Chubber" Curtis
  • Start date
F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

The big bird leaves Heathrow at 9.45 tomorrow morning and I'll be on it so no more from me for a couple of weeks.
I'll be thinking of you lot shivering at the waterside while I fish in shorts and not much else.
'bye for now.

T

The Monk

I'll be thinking of you lot shivering at the waterside while I fish in shorts and not much else.

hope it rains all the time and the fishing is crap

M

Mark Hodson

Now thats just showing off (I am presently going a envious shade of green)

P

Paul Clarke

Baz , around Miami , thats got an altogether more sinister meaning !!!

J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

If you take off to the west, look out for a bloke standing by a square gravel pit and sticking two fingers at you.

It's me ------- cos I can't go.

I hope all t'donkeys are dead and your ice cream melts and drops on yer shirt!

Other than that - yeh, catch a tarpon.

Paul B

Reaction score
Enjoy. and if you see any orange-glowey things moving in the water, stay away from 'em!
*think I may be taking Invasion a bit tooo seriously*

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
You Lucky Lucky Bas!!!!!!

Stop at mile marker 80, a place called something like "lorrie lee", on your right as your driving in, ISLOMARADA. Its the absolute bizz of a bar!!!!!!!!! It has boardwalks out into the sea, a great restaurant, superb and very good value bar food and the live music is a treat.

Also look out for a great shop "The World Wide Sportsman", brilliant place, just a few hundred yards down the road and the outside restaurant serves some of the best low cost shellfish you can get whilst feeding very large Tarpon which are swimming underneath what you are sitting on.

You lucky guy........Enjoy.

David Craine

Reaction score
If you get to Key West, try the "Garden of Eden" its on the roof of a Bar on Duval St..Thing is.. half the people, men and women, there are naked, but have clothes painted on in body paint.. you dont see it for a few minuites, then you cant miss it, ..just remembered, by now you are in Florida and wont be reading this.
Lucky B....

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Well it seems I made you all envious but I'm back now, sunburnt and weary after fighting those tarpon, sharks and bonefish.
Temperature was in the 80's every day and even factor 25 sunblock couldn't stop me ending up looking like a fresh boiled lobster.
Murray, I don't know "Lorrie Lee" but I do know Worldwide Sportsman. I buy all my line and lures there every year because they're half the price we pay here. The restaurant at the back is "The Islamorada Fish Company" and there's also the Zane Grey Lounge on the top floor of WWS where they they serve the best fried shrimp I've ever tasted. My favourite restaurants though have to be Lazy Days and The Outback. Neither are cheap but the food is to die for.
After having a quick look through the latest threads I see nothing has changed. You're all still the same lovable bunch of crazy b******s.

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

What a waste of money!

Temperature here has been in the 90s every day. Factor 30 sunblock for me.

Hope you enjoyed it Frank.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

That passed quick Frank we hardly missed you. Where's me rock?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

The Prawnbroker is another good restaurant