Fishing Crystal clear water

Johno

Reaction score
I have started fishing a crystal clear water for carp. it is very deep and only really good for margine fishing. Has any one got any good tips how to fish crystal clear water, what hook link material sould i use floro carbon or braid, lead core or none etc any advise would be much appreciated

G

Gray( Bushy )Lucas

Jonno, don't fish under the rod tip. Fish the baited spot from a distance parallel to the bank on a slack line. Make sure the clutch on the reel is set correctly as any fish caught in this situation will tear off at speed for open water. Good quality 12lb mono should do the trick. I use 6" to 8" 12lb bs braid hook links and caught in the margins sometimes in as little as 2 feet of water. Also check the depth around the lake with a marker float, you may find a plataux or some other feature that might be worth fishing to
Hope this helps.
Gray

john anthony bate

Reaction score
clear water makes fishing more difficult but this type of water offten produces big fish and they fight better in clear water
1) fish light
2)use flurocarbon trace
3) carp will feed down to over 40ft try sliding float

P

Paul Clarke

Low light conditions will also help so maybe early mornings and late evening sessions are the order of the day ?

G

Greymist Messer

hi there johnno maybe you should start by not drinking so much and falling in ! i dont think your going to catch anything with you splashing about the margins !

Johno

Reaction score
Woops looks like someone herd about my acident on friday nite? it muust be ste big ears or denit black eye

njb51

Reaction score
is there big beds of weed in the margins?

if so, raking could be good. It will stir up the water, creating a cloud of cover as well as kicking up some food for them to home in on.

Jimmy 5 rods

Reaction score
i was at grey mist on friday you could here you from the oppsite side of the lake i would take the last lads advice and stop drinking!!!

Johno

Reaction score
Sorry lads if I upset any one its the first an last time I'll be drinking vodka when I go fishing

MOSSY

Reaction score
HI JOHNO ITS PART OF THE SOCIAL THING TO HAVE A DRINK MATE AND SOMETIMES A DRINK TOO MANY CAN MAKE YOU LOOK AN ARSE.IM SURE YOUR A TRUE CARPER AT HEART ANYWAY BACK TO YOU QUESTION IN CLEAR WATER I PUT ALOT OF SPOD MIX OVER ONE AREA AND KEEP TOPPING IT UP EVERY HOUR OR TO USING THE FAR BANK AS A POINT TO CAST TO.I USE LEAD CORE AND SLACK LINE SO IT LIES ON THE BOTTOM AND A FLURO ESP HOOK LINK WITH STIFF RIGGER HOOK FOR BETTER HOOKING AND IF ITS GRAVEL BOTTOM CHECK THE HOOK AFTER EVERY CAST YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY RUNS YOU WILL MISS WITH A BLUNT HOOK.IF NEED BE USE A FLYING BACKLEAD AS WELL

G

Gray( Bushy )Lucas

Alcohol should be banned from all waters.
If you want to drink go to the pub if you want to go carping go without if you can't go without stay away.
One of my local waters was forced to ban night fishing because of complaints from local residents about a minority of anglers who couldn't turn up at the water without at least a 12 pack.

Johno

Reaction score
Mossy cheers for the info, I never thort of discoulring the water and hiding my end tackle with bait I?ll give it a go, and your right I had to much to drink and made an arse out of my self, I?m sure am not the first and want be the last, I normally only have 4 beers when I do a nighter and now I know why, apologies if I up set any one but the vodka got the better of me

A

angry nige

i agree bill but when your a danger to yourself others around you and the fish were not talking beer the lads drinking vodka !