2 Man Bivvy

U

unknownforce

Any suggestions welcome. The wife wants to come with me in the summer.

Would you say a built in groundsheet is better than a pegged dwn seperate one (thinking of spiders, wife cant stand them!)

cheers

S

Stuart Harvey

Look no further than a Chub Rapid XS for built in groundsheet/mozzie net etc.

If you don't fancy, maybe a Fox Easy Dome will suffice.

E

Evan

"Any suggestions welcome. The wife wants to come with me in the summer".

Don't wast money on a 2 man bivvy. Buy a one man bivvy, a very comfy deep sleep inducing bedchair and don't forget to pack a lead pipe and spade.

Though come to think of it, better to buy a 2 person bivvy - otherwise where will your new girlfriend go to keep out of the rain whilst the Police go about their business searching for your tragically missing wife :)

PS. This is not serious advice. Honest. Anyone taking it need not ask me for legal advice upon arrest please...

U

unknownforce

cheers stuart

evan - you are either pissed, currently nursing some serious hurt or just plain odd!!

Malc Bason

Reaction score
The Chub Rapid XS could very well fit the bill. And Stuart probably has good reason for recommending it. However, until recently I had one (bought it cheap off ebay).

I could not get on with it! Its built to almost the same spec as the Fox Classic Easy Dome, but with one very major difference:

The easy dome has four legs along which is a joint. Upon lifting the central boss, each of these joints a very simply 'snapped' into place, and that is almost it.

The Chub XS, on the other hand, has two joints on each of the four legs. They are supposed to fall into place on snapping the first joint into place - WRONG!

I tried putting the damned thing up twice in the wind and it was a nightmare!

Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, Fox don't make a 2-man Easy Dome, or I'd probably get one. I still have a 1-man that is almost falling to pieces but I love it.

I have a 1-man and 2-man original Dillo's - I prefer to put up with the seperate groundsheet. ;o)

Johno

Reaction score
Have you looked at the JRC STI 2 man ?160 new, I'v got the 1 man vershion and think its great. They are strong and cheep at that price.

B

Big Rik

they do an equivalent of a two man Malc.

Euro easy, or conti easy.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
I never realised mate. I thought they were entirely different domes?

Ah well, one lives and learns! ;o)

B

Bully

Depends how much dough you want to spend. I have the Nash two man with built in ground sheet and have been a bit disappointed.

Personally I would go for the Armidillo every time.

Well, actually I would go for a divorce first 'cos there is no way my wife is coming fishing with me!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Have the STi 2 man strong and plenty of room. Would say you need a barrow really as it is a bit on the heavy side. The new extended wrap and bivvy bag are also worth picking up. Got the bag makes packing the bivvy away a lot easier.

U

unknownforce

i know what you are saying bully (and even, although pethaps not as extreme), i am quite looking forward to it though. if i blank at least i get to watch her sunning herself...and maybe some action in the bivvy.

the sti does look good for the price, i also like the armidillo. nash tt viper looks pretty imprressive too

U

unknownforce

(and even, although pethaps not as extreme),

...should have read and evan!

richard turner

Reaction score
theres only one to look at m8 the jrc sti 2man awesome bit of kit for the price loads of room and built in ground sheet you wont get better for the money .

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Richard, I believe I'm right in saying, the Sti does not have a built in groundsheet! It is supplied with a groundsheet but it is fitted after.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Yes.

Same as the Dillo Bryon. A couple of friends have the Sti, they are well pleased with theirs, but I do like my Dillo's! ;o)

richard turner

Reaction score
sorry m8 your right it is a seperate ground sheet but it does fit well up the sides with velcro like bryan says,you wont be dissapointed but i will advice you to shop around as prices vary alot.

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Malc, I've had the Chub Rapid one man for two years and love it, a couple of mates have the Easy dome and personally i dont think it compares.
The rapid is bigger, taller and is cheaper than the Fox, once you have got it up a couple of times (ooh err) it becomes easy. It is probably better for longer sessions if you use the ground sheet and peg it all out, but you dont have to on short sessions.