Pebley

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I fished Pebley lake just outside Sheffield on and off a couple of years ago for pike and never had much sucees, there were alway a few carp anglers about but I never saw anyone catch anything.
Does anyone know if its worth another go for pike or carp.

any of the DVSG have any info on it- I'm not looking for details of swims or baits or anyones secret spot - but just to know if it's worth another crack

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Sorry, I've never fished it. I've heard about decent sized Tench (maybe 6lbs plus) sounds interesting.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Hi Matt

There's supposed to be some big pike in there, but I've been told by a couple of pike anglers that it's a very hard water with only a few jacks coming out, and I've spoken to a few who have been carp fishing and none of them had caught much.
Might be worth you and some of the DVSG having a go and reporting back. Like I said I'm not wanting details just an idea if it's worth trying again, and if you need to spend a few days on the water to get the best out of it.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
It's one of those waters that I fancy a trip to, but there's loads of waters I fancy visiting and not enough time.

I spent money on permits last year for venues I only fished once or twice so this year I intend to concentrate on the venues I've already bought tickets for.

What I need is a lottery win...

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

?10 for an overnighter

There are some big fish in it but it's as hard as a nail on "nails are hard day"

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

As Lee says it is a known difficult water. It has produced tench to over 7 lbs, carp to over 20lbs and the odd 20 lb pike.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Thanks Lee and Ron

I've tried it on and off for 2 years a couple of years back but since I only do day sessions at best and a few hours in the evenings, I'll not bother again. I now target the pike at Harthill Res but have yet to have a bash at the Carp.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Sheffield Lad. I called on Pebley a couple of years ago with a view to a days fishing and was confronted with two guys pike-fishing. Nothing wrong with that except they had 8or9 rods out ranged over about a hundred yards of bank. There was a couple of guys on the far bank but I didnt go over to find out what they were up to and havnt been back since.

L

little Stu!

"it's as hard as a nail on "nails are hard day""

U CAN'T HELP BUT LOVE HIM CAN YOU?

dicko

Reaction score
I fished Pebley on and off for a couple of seasons 03/04 did about 10 overnighters. Very hard, had 1 carp about 12 lb near the dam wall fishing into weed using pva bags.
Can tell you though, I have seen photos of some good carp caught from Pebley. Upper 20lb being the biggest. If you want tips the only one I can give you is dont ignore the weedy swims at the car park end fish pva bags with pellet dont pile in the bait.
I did do better at Harthill not as hard.