pasty trouble

U

unknownforce

am going for a session this weekend and havent any 22mm boilies left and wasnt able to get hold of any down the local shop. i have an order going thruogh with the bait and feed company but they wont be here in time.

anyone got any ideas as quite a few pasties and dont want to be up all night when using 14mm. obviously i can double them up, but is there a more effective way. my mate was telling me about a ballon rig, where you have like a pyramid of boilies on the hair, but he didnt know how to do it. i was thinking i could wrap a few in a piece of nylon (tights) material, but wondered if others had any better suggestions. i have seen the spaghetti rig on the site, which is a good idea for my free offerings, but not confident this would stay together long when used as hookbait

had to switch to 22mm last week after contunally being woken by the little buggers (still, better than a bream i suppose)

thanks

U

unknownforce

thanks for all you help...for those interested i solved the problem

a foot or so free running lead before a stop bead and also using a long hair, about an inch between boilie and hook.

i found that although the pasties would take the bait, they didnt get hooked. this may of course resulted in a lost lump, but i didnt catch half a dozen 6 ouncers like my previos session, got some sleep and did catch a pb of 29lb 11oz.

the bigger fish would sound a few bleeps on the alarm but then stop (like the pasty takes) but the indicator would stay tight to the rod while they were mouthing them and trying to eject the hook.

using dried spaghetti for joining free offerings together, as well as pulting out lots of broken boilies to keep them guessing worked a treat, all in all i feel very clever and just love it when a plan comes together

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Stuart, congratulations on the new PB.

Personally, the reason I did'nt respond to your original post above, is because, quite frankly, I thought you were taking the pi$$!

Sorry if I got it wrong, but there was something in the way you had written it that made me think this.