Two and Three dimensional baits? Phah!

• Thread starter Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya
  • Start date
J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

Kevin,

We really must discuss this soon. Forget 2 and 3 dimensional baits, what about developing a 4th dimensional bait?

Eh? Now imagine that really dead day when nothing and no-one is catching. Whatever you try for baits just will not temp those stubborn sleepy fish.

Now cast your Tart Tackle 4th dimension bait to appear in a completely different time zone when the fish are biting. Not just biting, but really having it! Think of the advantage and how the others will be impressed.

What do you mean, what does it look like? That's your job!

T

tom riordan

How can you do a different time zone though? send the bait back in time and the fish havent got there yet, send it forward and you are too late, they have scoffed the 3d stuff and scarpered.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Woody, I was told 4th dimension baits were out of date so I stopped using them.

Kevin, I assume you are producing these "Upgrade" stickers as I type so maybe a trial sales promotion at Clattercote would be in order, ?1 per sticker or 6 for a fiver, that tickletackle chappie could help you out eh! You do Shakespeare ones I presume?

K

Kevin Perkins

Graham

At ?1 each you can have anything you want on the stickers, Orvis, Barder, Hutchinson, Hands Off (for those pegged next to G Knowles)Perhaps even better would be some which say 'Prototype' or 'Experimental'that should get them guessing!

J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

Maybe the reason you can't buy 4th Dimension baits is because although they have been made sometime in the future they haven't yet devised a means of sending them back to the past.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
4d baits may already be on the shelves (well kind of - on, behind, in and under all simultaniously) however we can only perceive three dimensions (time doesn't count as that is a man made concept to define a particular charateristic of our universe ouside of our true understanding).

S

Steve King

Here at King-Tech Quantum Physics Bait Division we are working on new baits that follow Schroedinger's Cat Principles - we have achieved a new boilie that exists in two separate swims at the same time.

honslow

Reaction score
I glug my E=mc2 boilies in a special Dark Matter bait additive which impregnates them with Dark Energy which carp can see but humans cant!

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Ok...

...There are an infinate number of planets in the universe and only a finite number of them have fish on. Any infinite number divided by a finite number is as close to zero as makes no difference so any baits you are using are probably a figmant of your imagination anyway.

S

Steve King

Quantum superposition can be visualized by imagining a large, shallow, round-bottomed bowl with a marble simultaneously at opposite sides of the bowl, rolling from side to side and through itself at the centre.

Therefore if you imagine a bowl shaped lake such as a pit, our new Schroedinger's Cat Principle Boilie appears in opposite swims at the same time.

The problem is though that only quantum superpositioned carp can eat the new boilies at the moment!

W

Wolfman Woody

"we have achieved a new boilie that exists in two separate swims at the same time."

That's fine Steve, but when I spod out I want the contents to also appear in both swims at the same time.

Perhaps I need a PARTICLE ACCELERATER to achieve this.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"I glug my E=mc2 boilies in a special Dark Matter bait additive which impregnates them with Dark Energy which carp can see but humans cant!"

Erm Greg, if Humans can't see the additive, then two questions arise:

1. How do you know that the additive container has anything in it?

2. How do you know (if it is there in the first place) if it has impregnated the boilies?

Notwithstanding the above questions, will your publication be offering those vouchers that you collect over about 9 years in order to be able to get this new additive?

;-)

honslow

Reaction score
Great points Peter! Fortunately, I don't fish for carp very often, so it's only a few times a year that I'm faced with this difficult conundrum! It's entirely possible that I've been hoodwinked by a bait manufacturer (and that's never happened before!) who's sold me an empty pot!
We started printing the vouchers nine years ago!!

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

"Greg, if Humans can't see the additive, then two questions arise:

1. How do you know that the additive container has anything in it?

2. How do you know (if it is there in the first place) if it has impregnated the boilies?"

Oh come on Peter, ye of little faith. If it says so on the pot's label then it must do what it says. All tackle and bait manufacturers are completely trustworthy, aren't they?

S

Steve King

Peter & Jeff, how about weighing the container, tipping the invisible additive into another container and weighing it again?

A similar weighing process will ensure that the boilie is coated.