RSPF

K

Kevin Perkins

Made an oblique reference to the above in this week's AA article http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/mps/UAN/4010/v/1/ but the question is - why don't/can't we have such an organisation?

We have an RSPB whose royal patrons regularly attend pheasant/grouse shoots

And a RSPCA whose royal patrons engage in deer shoots, fox hunting etc.

Why not the Royal cachet for angling....?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
They can still suffer though. pollution and unnecassary dreadging etc all put stress on the fish. This is were we would fall foul of the group. The royals shooting kill the bird no stress when we play a fish it causes stress some would say.

J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

My wife says she has a brain, but she feels no emotions towards me.

That's why I like fish I suppose - same feelings.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
It doesnt feel in the same sense as we do but the body reacts to stimulus naturally occuring or something that is alien to its enviroment. When a fish swims vigarously it realeases lactic acid into it muscles as we do. If this builds up to a dangeous level the fish will die. We know when to stoop as we feel the pain as you say a fish does not and continues fighting. Therfore the whole body is stressed. Hope this clarifies the point i eas trying to make.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I know what you mean Bryan, our trouble is we humans tend to substitute our emotions and reactions to given circumstances because we understand no other way, this is our weakness. Pain, or the fear of it, to a human being is probably one of our overriding defensive instincts so I suppose its natural to apply this to all creatures.