Safety Advice

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
I run the RADAC web site and have just given the site a bit of a revamp. One of the things I want to do is give some coverage to safety.

I've already got a very informative piece on Weil's Disease which I got from the Forum. What I'd like is to bring together the collected wisdom of Forum members to create a list of do's and don't's which I can use on my site and others can use elsewhere (perhaps on FM?).

TIA

Matthew

Reaction score
Site is www.radac.org.uk. It isn't working just right at the moment. You may see the front page of the old site and none of the links will work properly. If so try the home link and it should take you to the revised site. Comments gratefully received.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sites looking well matthew. Except for that pic of Jim Hincley he will bring any site down.

Have not read the safty page but here are a few suggestions.

Wading safty tips could be added for the night sea trout angler and the novice daytime angler.

Also warnings about the state of the banks after heavy rain. So easy to slip down them and when the rivers in flood not easy to get out.

Reaction score
Thanks Bryan,

Some that come to mind:

don't go night fidhing without doing a daylight recce;

watch out for overhead electrical cables;

children under a certain age should not fish without adult supervision.

These all need refining but I'm hoping that with the help of the Forum I can get quite a sensible list put together.

M

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
Matthew,e-mail me i have a piece for your safty pages,it's a partial web page i've removed references to my site and me,you'll have to sort out the links to the pic's (included)and add your site's name to the copyright at the bottom of the page and add your own background/style sheet.its in a zipped folder ready to go

oh yes the content ermm its on how to safly remove a impaled fishing hook ?

E

Eric Hayes

Matthew, it would be a good idea to clarify the clubs rules governing Publicity. That way there is no confusion when new members join.

Ho, and one other thing get rid of the picture of that cockney abusing that fish it scares my dog and my kids haven?t slept proper since they saw it, infact the little girl keeps wakening in the night sweating & screaming "Daddy is that man with the fish coming to get me?"