Big carp on the pole

Joskin

Reaction score
After landing two Carp over 20lb today on my pole I am concidering a tip to france. does anyone have any recomendations. I hear that Beaumont used to be the in place near Tououse................carp to 66lbs.
They should put a bend in the pole.

I dont want to be greedy so just a fourty would be nice. What elastic would you recomend?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Doubled up 20 threaded through landing net handle should rip its mouth apart.

Big lumps like that i wouldn't reccommed fishing for with a pole. Weight+speed aint no match for a pole and your gone end up with fish trailing rig or rig+elastic or rig+elastic+top3.

Joskin

Reaction score
Nar my rigs are good so the hooklength will go first leaving just a barbless hook to be shed.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

You should have said you were fishing for bream jos, nobody would have suspected a thing, they don't in my area anyway.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Sling him back it's only an F1.

Joskin

Reaction score
Me thinks Ive been rumbled.

Seriously I was fishing for Tench last night and had a 24.4lb Mirror then fishing a different lake this afternoon and had a 20lb Common.

I was on 6lb hook length for the 24 and 4lb for the 20 and 12-16 hydro elastic.

I recon that my set up was pretty good and it just goes to show that big carp are quite feasible on the pole without causing damage to the fish.

D.B you have a good memory! did you see this weeks A.T where martin Bowler and Terry Lampard were advocating specimen fish on the pole?

I in no way condone targeting Specimen carp on the pole But I do think that at this time of year you cant beat it for Big Tench in the margins.

A few people made the joke that I would be going to France with the pole next hence this little wind up thread. Sorry but well done to all of you that showed restraint, It must have been hard. Lol

B

Budgie Burgess

I see plenty of mid doubles to low 20's landed on pole gear.A good matchman/pole angler using modern "Carp Crunching" gear seems to get them in a lot quicker than many carp anglers using carp gear I see on the same waters!The modern poles and elastics are that efficient the system more or less plays the carp by it self!

Not my thing despite having had a few accidently on an elasticated whipp whilst bait snatching.But its certainly not the problem many think.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

maybe you should test out your pole tactics on Monument before you venture over to France .....