The Silt - Walters letters

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Kevin, that Bob Newhart, one sided conversation type approach is a sure fire winner especially for your droll sense of humour. Congratulaions mate and I can see this, and more of these letter articles becoming a firm favourite with FM readers.

K

Kevin Perkins * * * * * * *

Graham
Bob Newhart, now there is a master. Saw him in a couple of cameo roles on TV lately, just acts everybody off the screen, without even trying.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The complete master of dead pan humour Bob Newhart's one sided telephone conversations are as funny today as the were when he first started. The art of talking to someone without that person being present must be very difficult to perform but he manages it to perfection.

Its a style of writing that has a lot of scope as well Kevin and I'm sure it would suit you down to the ground.

K

Graham

I've certainly had plenty of practice on FM in communicating with people who aren't there!

S

Shrek

Kevin, have to say this is excellent. Definitely put a smile on my face after a crap weekend at work. Thanks for continuing to write these things, they are appreciated.

C

Clive Evans 1

I wonder who this 'Don Silt' really is.
Do we know him, Kevin.
In all his innocent naivety, a perfect example of 'ignorance is bliss'.
Very funny Kevin.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I've never heard of him either.

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

I was thinking of writing a book of my own Stone-Woodhouse letters.

Well, not so much a book, more of a pamphlet or perhaps just and A4 sheet done both sides.

Then again I might just publish them both on here sometime.

"I've certainly had plenty of practice on FM in communicating with people who aren't there!"
Hello - you have mail Kevin!!!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I think the silt may have been formed from decomposed clay ......

F

Fred Bonney

Very good Merv & Eddie.Lol.Subtle
Kevin, well done, great stuff.

G

Ged

HELLO!!! Any body out there?
Must be talking to myself again.

Good laugh Kevin, keep them coming.

K

Eddie

Your supposition over the identity of the writer of these letters shows a high degree of perspicacity

captain carrott

Reaction score
can anyone please translate kevinish into general english in the previous thread.

F

Fred Bonney

REVIEW: More Silt-Walter Letters

The writer continues to show us what is without doubt, a stunning insite into how easily lead, some people can be, by the famous name who is seeking,self grandification.
A lesson to us all,the next trip down the garden path,by poor Don Silt,is eagerly awaited.

;o0

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Maybe we will find out what really went on between Silt and Walters in 'The Fishing Hut'--- (It WAS illegal in those days except in private between consenting males )

K

Ah yes, that will be the legendary Fishing Hut belonging to the Pinkhampton Piscatorial Society (Motto: It is better to give than receive)and controlled by head bailiff Ben Dover, whose only aims were to get your tackle out, make sure you were put in just the right position, and then ensure that no matter what, you caught something.

I'm sure there's more than enough material for an article about that.............